The Human Health & Performance Systems Group focuses on objective, technology-based human-centered solutions to measure, model and modify cognitive and physiological function for enhancement, sustainment, or recovery. This goal is accomplished through three broad technical areas: health and resilience monitoring, trauma care, and performance enhancement. Research in all areas includes capability gap analysis, advanced sensing, machine learning, and artificial intelligence algorithms, biologically-based modeling, prototyping, system integration, and field testing of systems to monitor the human state, predict outcomes, and intervene to improve health and performance. Typical goals include increasing physical, cognitive and psychological performance and resilience of end-users in their operational environments; measuring, modeling, and modifying the brain to mitigate neurotrauma and neurodegeneration of end-users after exposure; and developing human-machine interfaces for enhanced end-user performance and communication within groups. This highly interdisciplinary group draws on skills from biology, physiology, cognitive science, neuroscience, psychology, biosignal processing, engineering, machine learning and artificial intelligence, computer science, physics, and medical research areas. Primary government sponsors and partners are in the Departments of Defense, Veterans Affairs, Homeland Security, NASA, the National Institutes of Health, and the National Science Foundation. Odyssey Systems needs a Biosensor Data Analyst to analyze biosensor data and to assist in developing and assessing biosignal processing algorithms
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Analyze biosensor data and to assist in developing and assessing biosignal processing algorithms
• Analyze and develop insights from large (>1,000 subjects, multiday collections) multimodal datasets. Example biosensor modalities include raw waveforms from electrical (electrocardiogram, electroencephalogram, electrooculogram), optical (photoplethysmogram), motion (accelerometry) sensing, and biomedical imaging.
• Assist in developing and assessing biosignal processing algorithms to generate actionable information from biosensor data.
• Scale up algorithms to operate on.
• Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain an active secret clearance
• MS plus 3 years minimum experience, or BS plus 5 years minimum experience
• Enthusiastic, innovative, self-motivated, collaborative, proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• Experience in working with large datasets.
• Academic training and experience in using signal processing algorithms.
• Software/applications: MATLAB, version control (e.g., GitHub).
• Experience with supercomputing clusters, machine learning, physiology.
• Software/applications: Python, Tensorflow or Pytorch
• Experience with biomedical image processing machine learning
WORKING LOCATIONS & ADDITIONAL INFO
• Location: Lexington, MA
• Travel: Non-Anticipated
• Employment Status: Full-Time Employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement)
• Other: All candidates must also successfully pass a Commercial Background Investigation (CBI).
This job posting sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this position, which may be changed from time to time as shall be determined.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting; hiring; placement; promotion; termination; layoff; recall; transfer; leaves of absence; compensation; and training.
- Military Leave
- On Site Cafeteria
- Vacation/paid time off
- Employee Events
- Gym Memberships
- Professional Development
- Life Insurance
- Employee Referral Program
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid sick days
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Retirement / Pension Plans