Both independently and under the general direction of the Director or designee, the Biostatistician III is responsible for the statistical analyses for clinical research studies in the Center, including study design and programming . Will oversee and maintain quality control of databases and work with study team to conduct analyses, write reports and manuscripts and present results.
- Perform the statistical analysis of data, create project analysis plans, and oversee study databases.
- Plan and analyze data independently and in collaboration with director, including univariate and multivariate analyses, logistic regression, proportional hazards analyses, survival analyses, prediction modeling and sample size calculations.
- Design, develop, and maintain statistical analysis programs for research data. Create SAS/R applications.
- Collaborate with project staff on the design and analysis of biostatistical aspects of research proposals and protocols.
- Instruct and supervise data entry staff, research assistants and coordinators in database management, quality control, minimizing missing data, merging and updating existing databases.
- Participate in the design of questionnaires and interview forms for studies.
- Responsible for maintaining data codebooks and other documentation for all analyses performed.
- Interpret and present study results in collaboration with project team members.
- Collect data for studies from various database sources: summarize findings for presentation at project-related meetings
- Provide tabular and written summaries of analyses in a form suitable for presentation at project meetings. Responsible for production of presentation-ready final reports and slides.
- Collaborate with other biostatisticians, information technology professionals, and interdepartmental project teams.
- Prepare correspondence and minutes related to statistical methods of projects.
- Responsible for content and writing selected sections of grant proposals and final reports, editing reports, writing analysis sections of manuscripts and interpretation of results.
- Present results at scientific meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master's Degree required. Doctoral degree in Biostatistics, Statistics, Epidemiology, or equivalent experience
- At least 2-3 years health-related research experience (preferably in biostatistics or quantitative epidemiology), project management and/or relevant experience in research projects. Must include scientific research data programming, analyses and database management.
- Strong working knowledge of SAS needed and excellent computer skills. Knowledge of other statistical packages (e.g., R, SPSS, M-Plus).
- Strong communication skills necessary to interact with investigators, collaborators, and project team members.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Ability to travel to off-site locations.