This is a remote contract opportunity and is open to candidates in any US state.
A Brafton Biotech & Pharma Writer is dedicated to producing strong, creative and industry specific pieces that are incorporated into content marketing campaigns for health and pharma clients. Client experience is paramount for us, meaning you are expected to communicate directly with them, including in-person visits. Viable candidates must handle white papers, case studies, landing pages, infographic outlines, video blog scripts and long-form articles based on an approved brief.
The Biotech & Pharma Writer must be comfortable writing to both B2B and B2C audiences, as well as writing and researching confidently, and on deadline, in these spaces is a must. If you are interested in joining a company on the forefront of innovation and creativity in the content marketing industry, please apply immediately.
It's imperative that candidates have experience writing about and/or SME in the following areas:
- CMC testing.
- Immuno-Oncology or Cancer Research within pre-clinical drug development.
- Biologics (Cell & Gene Therapies):
- Drug development
- Pre-clinical (ADME/Tox)
- Automation (liquid handling, robots, ELN)
This is a part-time contract position that remotely reports into our Boston team.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Research, create and deliver high-quality content to biotech/pharma clients according to specified deadlines
- Ability to write to a high-level audience (specifically scientists)
- Comfortable with scientific jargon and vocabulary
- Edit the work of peers using Brafton’s editing marks and processes
- Work with account management to ensure that health/pharma clients’ goals are achieved
- Attend project, client and team meetings
- Track writing and editing production work on a daily basis in provided spreadsheet
- Brainstorm and provide topics for clients monthly based on their creative brief and/or industry
- Roughly 10% client interaction (email/conference call)
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Marketing or Communications strongly preferred
- 1-3 years of relevant content marketing industry writing experience
- 1-3 years of experience in the biotech and/or pharma industry
- Excellent writing and editing skills. Applicants who provide relevant writing clips strongly preferred
- Extreme attention to detail
- Knowledge of AP (Associated Press) style
- Understanding of SEO keywords and concepts behind branded writing
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, high-volume, deadline-oriented environment.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently, as well as a valuable member of a team
- Creative mind regarding a client’s brief/marketing goals
- Strong phone presence for client phone calls and interviews
- Ability to work with other departments in the company, such as account management, sales, social media, and other production departments, such as video and design.
Applicants for employment or contract work in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Brafton (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).