Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies U.S.A., Inc. is seeking a Sales Director - Biologics CDMO Services (East Coast) (internally known as Manager, Commercial Development) to identify and manage the initial qualification and close through the signing of a letter agreement new business with new customers for clients on the East Coast.
- Know and understand FDB business and communicate that knowledge to potential customers
- Establish relationship with technical and business leaders and technical experts within FDB to ensure full and timely support for new business acquisition
- Ensure continuing flow of information to business and technical leaders about Territory, customer pipeline and new business acquisition efforts
- Follow any procedures established for Sales and Marketing team, such as utilizing appropriate forms for client meetings, following proposal approval process, providing conference feedback using approved format, following procedures for travel booking, etc.
- Meet the objectives defined in the annual sales plan
- Support Sr. Director of Commercial Development (Director) and Sr. VP of Commercial (SVP) in achieving departmental and company objectives.
- Assist in development of an overall company sales plan
- Provide regular updates on Territory and potential customers as required by management
- Help Marketing develop and maintain an attractive, timely and effective marketing message and appropriate promotional materials
- Assist in development of standard company business presentation and deliver such standard presentation at client meeting or as required by management
- Maintain knowledge of assigned territory and develop relationship with potential clients:
- Maintain awareness of potential market and business opportunities in the assigned geographic are (Territory)
- Prepare and keep current a marketing plan identifying potential customers, company pipeline, and key contacts in Territory
- Establish and maintain contact with decision-makers and influencers within companies in Territory
- Stay abreast with latest development in Territory, including rounds of financing, M&A, partnerships, clinical trials, etc.
- Keep current and potential clients informed about latest initiatives and events at FDBU, such as investments in capacity, technology, acquisitions, innovation achievements, presentations at major industry events, etc.
- Keep Salesforce database and Sharepoint up-to-date
- Update Salesforce database timely with new contacts and new information about customer companies and opportunities.
- Weekly, update the status and expected program start date for opportunities with medium and high probabilities
- Maintain contract status within salesforce
- Maintain Sharepoint folders for clients including RFP and other technical documents received from clients, proposals and revisions, blueprints and revisions, and any other relevant information
- Manage contract negotiations for clinical programs and commercial supply agreements
- Manage contractual agreement negotiations from issuing the contract template to contract signature
- Assure that contracts are negotiated and signed timely
- Support existing programs
- Stay aware of program status for existing clients in Territory
- Support the Program Management and execution team as required by management.
- Stay in regular contact with clients and maintain awareness of client pipeline and any potential follow –up business; ensure that FDB is always considered for any new program from client portfolio
- Provide client with updates on new developments with FDB, such as new acquisitions or investment into capacity or technology, innovation programs, or participations in major industry events
- Provide business leadership for proposal development:
- Lead business discussions with potential clients
- Oversee development of proposals and other responses to customers’ inquires (e.g. RFIs)
- Provide guidance to Sales Development Managers (SDMs) and Program Design Group (PDG) on clients’ requirements, sensitivities, and required scope of proposals
- Ensure that proposal fully address all clients’ requests or questions, and are written in clear, proper English
- Write executive summary for proposal and deliver proposals to customers
- Ensure that proposals, blueprints are timely uploaded to Sharepoint; update Salesforce upon issuing of a proposal
- Provide support to Sales and Marketing group:
- Participate in tier meetings, sales team meetings and other regular company meetings
- Provide weekly update on changes in Territory and with prospective clients
- Provide visibility to the team of travel plans, conference and event participation, and client visits
- Share information about innovation in sales and any industry news or developments that can strengthen team’s and company’s ability to win more or new business
- Keep awareness of competitors in your Territory and share information relevant for the team
- Lead meetings or projects as requested by Director.
- Represent company at conferences, trade shows and other industry events.
- Develop conference/tradeshow attendance plan as part of Territory marketing plan.
- Deliver company presentations at conferences/trade shows when appropriate
- Take ownership of company exhibit/booth at conference and tradeshow; set up exhibit/booth, provide company information including innovation initiatives and industry differentiation to booth visitors, ensure that the booth is taken down and shipped at closure of the event.
- Interact with conference/trade show organizers to secure any presentation and speaking opportunities for technical or business experts
- Support technical or business experts during and after their presentations at events by interacting with audience and providing relevant information
- Actively seek new contacts with potential clients from Territory by attending their presentations and/or interacting at conference events.
- Maintain awareness of competitors presenting or exhibiting at conferences/trade shows; attend presentations and visits booths; report on new offering, any innovation project, and change in marketing or business strategy, new sales team members and new technical experts, etc.
- Be willing to travel to customers within their territory and to FDB sites in support of sales process.(Travel may average as much as 50% of time in any period and may include international travel.)
- Be able to interact with customers at different levels within the customer’s organization from middle management through senior executives
- Possess analytical skills to evaluate and prioritize opportunities in their territory that are potential new business for FDB worldwide
- Continue development of technical and business knowledge about company offering and intra-company initiative, and sales process innovations
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or science is required. Master’s Degree of Ph.D. preferred.
- Minimum four years of experience in biologics drug development and/or contract manufacturing/testing organization with at least one year in business/commercial development, or equivalent experience required.
- Excellent technical writing skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to work in an environment that requires teamwork and the entrepreneurial/start-up mentality of “doing whatever it takes to get the job done” required.
- Strong presentation and customer-interaction skills required.
- Good understanding of program management and biologics drug development market/business required.
FDBU works with technical data, technology and materials that are subject to U.S. export laws and regulations. This position will require access to technical data, technology and source code that is controlled under U.S. export laws and regulations, including but not limited to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations at 22 C.F.R. Parts 120 – 130 and Export Administration Regulations in 15 C.F.R. Part 730 – 774, as may be amended. To conform to these laws and regulations, applicants must be U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., protected individuals as defined by 8 USC 1324(b)(a)(3) (i.e., asylees and refugees) or otherwise eligible for an export authorization from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce. Offers of employment will be contingent on the Company’s ability to secure an export authorization. FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class.
FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class.