We are looking for high energy individuals who love giving great service, are passionate about great food, and like to have fun at work. We offer flexible schedules, including weekends and Holiday's. If you have some experience in the (FOH, as Cashier, Barista, Manager on Duty Cleaning Crew, Line Cook, Pastry Chef, Supervisor, or Trainer), we would love to hear from you! If you decide to apply for a position with our team, please be ready to hit the ground running, and to really feel valued by guests and coworkers alike.
Bistro Line Cook | Overall Job Summary:
Line cook focusing on improving their abilities to accurately make menu items including sandwiches, soups and salads. Also work on preparing and portioning food products prior to cooking. In addition, attending to other duties assigned by management such as maintaining sanitation rules and station product pars.
Essential Job Functions:
- Arrives on time and prepared to work for each shift with all materials necessary to complete all tasks.
- Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
- Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards, kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary workstation area including tables, shelves, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
- Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Follows and fills out prep sheets, temperature logs and checklists properly
- Handles, stores and rotates all products properly.
- Completes required tasks within assigned time frames.
- Tracks and reports any food waste.
- Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
- Opens and/or closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assists others in closing the kitchen.
- Cooks only items generated from the restaurant point-of-sale system
- Performs related duties such as helping to wash dishes as needed, preparing.
- Recycling, cleaning around restaurant and help with any other projects as assigned by the Bistro Manager. If a meal is returned for any reason, correct the problem and report the return to the manager.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
The Success Patterns for this position are:
- Experience working in customer service and/or the foodservice/hospitality industry preferred
- Has a reputation for giving great service to guests and co-workers
- Can handle multiple tasks at one time
- Has good problem solving skills
- Has strong interpersonal skills
- Is able to work independently and as a member of a team
- Communicates professionally in person and on the phone
- Can maintain high energy during the entire shift
- Can work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to change quickly
- Able to relocate up to 20lbs occasionally