WE GIVE DOWN-TO-EARTH A WHOLE NEW MEANING
We’re Lehigh Hanson. Our products build cities and towns, including stadiums that hold thousands of fans, and bridges that support millions of vehicles. We have thousands of employees across hundreds of locations in the U.S. and Canada, making us North America’s leading supplier of cement, aggregates, ready mixed concrete, asphalt and related construction materials.
We might be a big company, but we appreciate and encourage our people to share their ideas and help shape our future. We want every one of our people to play an active role in growing our business. With our diverse product lines and locations across North America, there are opportunities to explore different roles and work on a variety of exciting and interesting projects.
We’re a tight knit team. While we strive to be the best, we do it with an attitude that is humble, accessible and down-to-earth. We don’t ask you to “fit in” to our culture. We invite you to add to it.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO
Are you looking for a long term position with a stable company? Do you enjoy working with your hands and with large equipment? Lehigh Hanson is seeking a qualified Bituminous Field Technician - Paving Operation. This position will be responsible for the operation ofasphalt paving equipment on road construction jobs.
- Validate the proper components and materials are used in testing
- Sample and test raw materials according to specification
- Calibrate, clean and maintain production tools and testing equipment
- Record and report test results to management
- Operatepavers, road wideners, milling machines, skid-steer, rollers (breakdown or finish, dirt/stone) in both vibratory and static modes, power brooms, and grader.
- Daily check, startup and operation of paving equipment.
- Some field maintenance/repair. Periodic maintenance of water systems on rollers.
- Ensure compliance with all health, safety, and environmental regulations, as well as company policies and procedures; assist with physical inspections of plant property/departments.
HERE’S WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Prefer high school diploma or general education (GED)
- 1-2 years Bituminous Field Technician experience in a paving operation
- Hazmat Certification by U S DOT is required
- Bituminous Field Technician Certification is required.
- Prefer previous heavy highway equipment experience
- CDL a plus, operator could drive service truck to the site.
- Ability to work different extended hours and/or overtime required.
- A sense of responsibility for the safety of the public and the work crew.
- Physical Requirements: sitting, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, twisting, climbing, balancing, bending (bending at the waist, lifting above the waist and lifting below the waist), kneeling, reaching, grasping (use of both hands), squatting, repetitive motions, manipulative finger movements with both hands, use of wrists (flexing or rotating with both wrists), use of both feet, use of arms above and below shoulder, work extended periods of time in same position, perform duties in all climates i.e. weather, extreme temperatures, tolerate heights, lift and carry up to 50 lbs., work in confined spaces, capable of wearing respiratory and other personal protective equipment
BRING YOUR HUMBLE OVERACHIEVER ATTITUDE AND LET’S ELEVATE OUR COMPANY EVEN HIGHER!
We appreciate that candidates have many questions when considering opportunities, so we want to let you know that we offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, which we like to share with candidates a little bit later in the process.
No search firms please
Lehigh Hanson is a drug free workplace