This position performs maintenance tasks aircraft parts and components in accordance with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and Erickson requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs disassembly, cleaning, inspection, repair, maintenance, and assembly of aircraft parts, components. Documenting work per company, customer and regulatory requirements.
- Reads, interprets, and complies with Repair Station Quality Manual, Production Certificate Quality Manual, Standard Operation Procedures, Federal Aviation Regulations, Technical Manuals, Drawings, and Specifications.
- Works in a team environment and follows Erickson’s Values Charter.
- Achieves and maintain task qualifications for all work performed.
- Performs administrative duties (e.g. Time entry, DAX, Training classes, create, revise and use department documents, etc.) as required by Erickson company and department requirements.
- Orders, receives and returns parts in accordance with company policies
- Travels as required to meet company and customer requirements.
- Performs Lean, Standard Work and Continuous Process Improvements.
- Mentors, trains and coaches new employees when qualified as a mentor or trainer.
- Performs duties of an Inspector if task qualified. Percentage of time required is different for different Inspectors based on the quantity of areas employee is task qualified to inspect and work load in department.
- Achieves and maintains task qualifications for all work performed.
- Works with hazardous and non-hazardous chemicals and products to perform required tasks.
- Reads and interprets blue prints and technical drawings on detail parts, assembly and composite. Follows engineering and manufacturing specifications and orders to determine parts to be bonded and the temperature and pressure required.
- Verifies work performed is per work instruction and meets process and/or engineering specification. Documents work per company, customer and regulatory requirements.
- Understands and uses documentation forms and paperwork in accordance with Company and FAA Standards.
- Performs manufacturing bonding operation, including preparation, assembly and testing. Lay-out, assemble, pre-fit, and bond a variety of substrate materials, such as aluminum, steel, plastic.
- Cuts parts or materials to size.
- Operates various precision measuring tools (calipers, scales, etc.)
- Loads, unloads bond fixtures, and operates ovens in the curing of parts and assemblies to complete the bonding cycle.
- Sands, burrs and smooths over areas
- Monitors and verifies quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
- Obtains required information from prints, charts, sketches, work orders, documents, verbal and electronic information.
- Uses shop mathematics and precision measuring instruments to complete work assignments.
- Ensures equipment and tool certification occurs per procedure.
- Uses and controls solvents and cleaning solutions in the preparation of details, tools, and assemblies for bonding and paint per established procedures.
- Performs housekeeping and other organizational requirements – such as routine minor machine maintenance as part of daily work duties (e.g., replacing machine filters, changing standard light bulbs on machines and equipment, maintaining lubrication/coolant levels, etc. as related to basic preventative maintenance duties).
- Routinely moves product within the immediate manufacturing work area and walk-in freezer, using shop assigned equipment (e.g. over-head cranes), as required to move product to the next operation.
- Supports the continuous flow of product within the manufacturing process by training and assisting employees at all classification levels.
- Complies with all company policies and Standard Operating Procedures as a team player.
- Provides support to internal and external customers to meet customer requirements.
- High School Diploma or equivalency, Valid Driver’s license
- Desired - Airframe and/or Powerplant license and aviation schooling
- Two years of composite, fiberglass or bonding experience.
- Demonstrate technical expertise in fabricating assemblies, reworks and repairs, of composite parts, by applying knowledge of working characteristics of nonmetallic materials and bonding techniques.
- Skill in blueprint reading and computer usage including Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to understand and interpret complex engineering drawings, specifications, technical manuals and be able to translate these into written instructions.
- 1-2 years in aircraft/component maintenance or equivalent schooling.
- Must be able to communicate verbally in an accurately and professional way. Ability to write in a clear and concise manner.
- Work 40 or more hours per week as directed (overtime, weekends, etc.)
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as directed and drive company vehicles or rental vehicles as directed.
- Have the following qualities: Professionalism, strong work ethic, punctuality, honest, team player, work alone or with others, positive influence, detail orientated, problem solving skills.
- Safety and Work Environment – Identifies hazardous or potentially hazardous situations and takes appropriate action to maintain a safe and productive work environment for self and others. Follows Guiding Principle “Be Safe”.
- Effective Communication - Actively listens to others. Communicates with others clearly, openly, and respectfully. Uses all forms of communication effectively and appropriately (includes email, text, IM).
- Teamwork - Works with and supports others to achieve organizational goals. Meets individual and team deadlines and responsibilities. Assumes additional responsibilities when needed. Responds constructively to instructions and procedures. Listens to others and values opinions and is respectful of team members and other Erickson employees. Works effectively with team leader or manager and promotes a positive team environment.
- Accountable to Achieving Commitments - Achieves commitments to both internal and external customers. Produces high quality work by being attentive to detail and maintaining accuracy. Works in a conscientious, consistent, and thorough manner to meet all schedules and timelines. Anticipates potential problems. Finds the root cause of problems and takes appropriate action. Makes continuous improvement to processes and results.
- Adaptability to Change - Understands, accepts, and supports the need for business change and helping others with transitions. Adapts and adjusts to change within own area of responsibility as well as accepting the need for change more broadly. Actively identifies and leads change within area of responsibility.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, inquiry or discussion about compensation, or any other characteristic protected by law.”