Under the direction of the plant manager, shift supervisor and/or other designated lead personnel the machine operator operates the block machine and associated equipment to produce quality concrete products from raw materials, following established policies and procedures in a safe and efficient manner. They also assist in maintaining the facility in a clean, orderly and hazard free condition.
o Demonstrated ability to operate fork trucks and receive certification on same.
o Demonstrate the ability to understand the typical operating cycle of the (Block Machine, Front End, Car & Crawler, Batcher, Cuber, Mixers) and all other plant manufacturing equipment per OEM manuals.
o Have minimum basic mechanical skills, i.e. hydraulics, auto and small engine repair.
o Use, read and understand rulers and tape measures
o Read, write and speak English as required by safety standards and job expectations
o Basic math skills, i.e. addition, subtraction, multiplying, dividing and averaging, to track discarded material and calculate block quantities to build programs.
o Possess professional Interpersonal skills in order to understand and communicate with all team members. Ability to work with others as well as independently when required.
o Must be able to perform all job duties listed under cuber operator & forklift operator job descriptions within 1 year of DOH.
o Demonstrate basic understanding of cutting torch and welding and pass proficiency test within 1 year of DOH.
Minimum Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to perform duties requiring bending, stooping, squatting, and crawling at least 50% of shift. Requires standing 75% of shift (Based on 8-10 hour shift).
- Must be able to lift concrete products and other objects weighing up to 95 pounds each from floor level to heights up to 4 feet.
- Must be able to climb ladders up to 7 feet to access material hoppers and equipment platforms.
- Work in facility with seasonal temperatures ranging from 25° to 100° F,
Essential Functions or Duties:
- Follow all company safety rules and procedures.
- Operate block machine and associated equipment efficiently to produce concrete masonry units; that meet published QC program specifications.
- Meet or exceed established daily production expectations as defined by management.
- Visually inspect quality of products according to prescribed quality control standards such as weight, height, color, shape and square.
- Monitor production & handling equipment to identify and repair malfunctions. Maintain, adjust and perform minor repairs and tolerance adjustments on production & handling equipment.
- Keep work area in orderly and hazard free condition per housekeeping standards.
- Follow proper procedures to accomplish mold change and produce a quality product within 1 hour of change with the assistance of other production personnel.
Titan America is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) / Affirmative Action employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.