DZ Block, Inc. Job Description
Job Title: Block Plant Yard Man
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
General Purpose of Job:
The Yard Man position involves maintaining the grounds of the Block yard. The yard man will answer to his supervisor as to
his scheduling, daily responsibilities and duties. The yard man falls under the broader category of laborers and is responsible primarily for
day to day yard cleanliness and appearance and any other job projects as directed by supervisor. Yard man will always comply with all safety rules and keep the yard a safe clean place for all workers.
essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Yard man will be scheduled as to his daily duties and work schedule by the operations manager.
- The yard man responsibilities are all inclusive of the entireblock yard.
- Yard man will keep all areas of the yard clean of debris, obstacles, materials and supplies to create a safe, clean work environment.
- Will have experience and training to operate equipment safely and efficiently as needed, (forklift and moffett)
- Yard man will have knowledge of various block types.
- Perform general laboring duties as assigned and when necessary as instructed by supervisors
- Follow all company policies and safety regulations for a safe working procedure and working environment. Report any safety issues and
report any accidents or incidents immediately to the supervisor
- Assist in training less-experienced employees on the proper operations, servicing and repair of equipment to further their abilities
- Work as a team with strict adherence to safety and procedures.
- Yard man will maintain equipment and monitor fuel and oil usage of the equipment he uses or is responsible for
- Maintains any unsafe situations in and around grounds
- Understanding and willingness to comply with company policies and procedures
- Must be able to pick up 100lbs. regularly.
- Must be a team player and role model for the company and its mission
- Ability to communicate effectively with the fellow workers appropriately represent the company
- Successfully pass our background and drug screen
- Assist in loading block trucks when necessary; and/or when time permits
Uphold DZ Block, Inc. Values
- Independent- resourceful, not tied to anyone; Independent thinking
- Creative- reacting to customer's needs; new products; new ways
- Passionate- about customers; emotions; heart and soul in business; believe in products and people
- Honesty- up front; truthful; tell it like it is; inside the company and out
- Integrity- we are what we are; genuine; commitment to quality
- Family- sense of belonging; comfort; support each other
- Accountability: committed; on time; an obligation and willingness to accept responsibility or to account for one's actions
- Commitment- ability to perform; all in; go the extra mile
- Quality- consistent product; what you say, you deliver
- Service-Customer satisfaction; on time; efficient; accountable; knowledgeable; beyond expectations
Note: This job description reflects essential functions, it does not prescribe or restrict the number or types of tasks that may be assigned or reassigned during the conduct of business. Overtime is considered a condition of employment with Company and fluctuates with business demand.
Education / Experience
Typically requires a minimum of a high school diploma, vocational training or equivalent. Typically requires a minimum of 1 year of related experience and or training.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
Demonstrates functional driving skills to operate equipment safely and maneuver the equipment
And perform daily task as instructed by the supervisor. When working with co-workers or others in the immediate area the operator must be able to maintain constant eye contact. Use visual and audio communication to alert others in the immediate area of your position. Be courteous and polite and have a good attitude with co-workers, supervisors and public at all times.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Be able to demonstrate the ability to safely operate the equipment designated to use (forklift and moffett)
Scope / Impact
Moderate impact, may have influence on multiple areas of the organization.
Decision Making / Discretion
Limited expectations to make decisions outside immediate work assignments.
Works on and completes routine and repetitive tasks. Uses Company practices and standards to complete tasks. Solves simple problems and flags/escalates difficult problems to appropriate level.
Communication / Interaction
May interact with other colleagues. Communicates with external parties. Communicates data collection for a functional area.
Supervision / Leadership
Receives detailed instructions on new assignments. Requires a moderate amount of supervision.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk in order to inspect. The employee must frequently lift and/or move materials. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to work that requires repetitive motion. The noise level in the work environment is minimal. The employee is required to wear appropriate safety equipment (safety glasses (z87 stamped)and hard hat) from the time the employee enters the gate until the employee leaves the site. The only time the employee is exempt from wearing all safety equipment is when the employee is inside the scheduling office. The employee must attend all safety meetings.
Employee print: ________________________________________ Date: ____________
Employee Signature: _____________________________________ Date: _____________
Page 1 of 2