Seeking a Bluetooth Tester for a Global Chip Company in Sunnyvale, CA
We are seeking a Bluetooth Tester be an integral part of the system Wireless LAN/Bluetooth coexistence testing efforts. The job involves developing and implementing operating methods and procedures to thoroughly test WLAN/Bluetooth products for coexistence capabilities. The candidate will work closely with hardware and software engineering teams as well as external testing agencies and labs to achieve product objectives. The WLAN and Bluetooth products are driven by software components which include complex drivers and firmware that support an array of IEEE standards for WLAN and Bluetooth devices.
- Develop automated test scripts for various test suites using proven automation framework
- Devise test strategies for different platforms and software environments including 3rd party applications
- Initiate and develop proactive methods to detect product weaknesses in a timely manner
- Conduct tests as required with internal and external builds, analyze and report results, and document and track issues in the bug tracking database
- Provide product feedback to engineering teams, including program managers and actively engage in solutions
- Engage and interface with external testing agencies as appropriate
Must Have Skillsets
- Total engineering minimum experience required is typically a BS degree and 6 years of experience, an MS degree and 3 years experience or equivalent.
- You must demonstrate hands-on testing knowledge of white box and black box testing techniques
- The ideal candidate must have sufficient software skills to implement test harnesses and test automation, including fluency in scripting languages such as Python
- Prefer individuals who have developed and implemented test plans for Linux, Android and other embedded operating systems
- Experience with wireless communication systems (WLAN or Bluetooth) is required
- Experience in software development/testing with a proven track record of delivering production quality software products in a fast paced environment.
Location: San Jose, CA
Type: Contract (6+ months)