The BMW Master Service Technician (Level 1) services and repairs vehicles as assigned by management following all established standards and procedures. In addition, he or she may be assigned to conduct pre-delivery service on new vehicles to ensure excellent working order for the customer. We deliver the highest quality service while maintaining the highest level of customer satisfaction.The ideal candidate has a high school diploma or GED, some post-secondary automotive training, at least one year of dealer-level or large facility experience, and certification by the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE). An unrestricted driver's license and a clean driving record, a strong technical performance record, and strong physical dexterity and stamina to get the job done are required. He or she must be able to work productively in a fast-paced team environment and must have a positive attitude, professional appearance, great communication skills, and the ability to deliver world class customer service.
In addition to competitive pay, we offer our employees: Health, Dental, Vision, Life, 401K, Health & Wellness Program, community involvement and company paid vacation and holidays.
- Effectively and accurately perform quality repair work in accordance with dealership's and factory standards.
- Checks all fluids and maintenance-related parts and tops-off or replaces fluids or filters/parts as required.
- Performs routine service inspections or tests and completes standard maintenance jobs.
- Road-test vehicle to ensure quality repair work was completed.
- Maintains cleanliness of vehicles while performing service or repairs.
- Ensures that required documentation is complete and is in compliance with regulations and standards.
- Follows all shop policy, procedure, safety, and environmental rules.
- Helps maintain shop appearance and safety standards and ensures the shop runs in an efficient manner by performing duties such as inventory stocking and other general functions.
- Attends all staff meetings, trainings, and educational classes as required.
- Complete system diagnostics and full automotive troubleshooting and testing.
- Maintain an organized and neat shop area.
- Communicate directly with service advisors regarding the status of the service work as well as the estimated time for completion so that customers can be informed.
- Continuously learn new technical information and techniques in formal training sessions in order to stay informed with rapidly changing automotive technology.
- Demonstrates behaviors consistent with the Company's Values in all interactions with customers, coworkers and vendors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be a Master Certified BMW Service Technician (Level 1).
- Able to drive both automatic and standard-transmission vehicles.
- National Institute of Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certification (s) or certification (s) in different specialized areas such as: brakes, electrical/electronic systems or engine performance preferred.
- Excellent communication, customer service, and problem-solving skills, including the ability to maintain composure under stress.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact professionally with customers, vendors, and staff.
- Safety and customer service oriented.
- Able to bend, kneel, squat, stand, and lift heavy objects as needed.
- Professional appearance and work ethic.
- Self-motivated with solid work habits.
- Valid California driver's license in the state that you will work with a good driving record.