- Position Type:
Student Support Services (Certifed)/Behavior Analyst
- Date Posted:
- Date Available:
- REPORTS TO: Director of Special Services
- Designs, monitors, and evaluates individual students' instructional programs based on applied behavior analysis (ABA). Provides written protocols for instruction and behavior management.
- Establishes effective data collection and graphing systems, analyzes data, and trains staff in methods of data collection and analysis.
- Conducts student-based assessments, observations, functional behavioral assessments and shares results in a written report including attendance at Planning & Placement Team meetings.
- Provides ongoing training, coaching, and support to all staff who implement ABA-based instructional or behavioral programs.
- Models the behavioral assessment and behavior intervention planning processes for staff and serves as a resource to them.
- Interprets the principles of applied behavioral analysis and explains their application in specific circumstances in a manner that staff and parents can understand.
- Plans and presents workshops, as well as competency-based trainings to staff on topics related to autism.
- Provides specific parent training as necessary to support an individual student's programming and generalization.
- Develops appropriate instructional and behavioral goals with staff, students, and parents.
- Meets regularly with student-centered teams and participates in the review, progress monitoring, and problem solving processes.
- Seeks current advanced professional knowledge of the applied behavior analysis field.
- Serves as a professional resource to teachers, pupil services staff, and administrators on matters concerning effective instructional and behavioral services for students.
- Maintains confidential data and records regarding services as required.
- Adheres to the highest professional and ethical standards in all aspects of practice.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by the Director.
Application Procedure:Apply Online
- Current certification from the Behavior Analyst Certification Board [BACB] as a board certified behavior analyst in good standing.
- Masters degree in an appropriate field of study
All applicants must apply online at www.danbury.k12.ct.us