BOARD ENGAGEMENT VOLUNTEER
OneOC is proud to provide Board Engagement Services that continue to build nonprofit capacity through-out the region, connecting our most passionate emerging leaders, executives and retirees in support of their missions.
Organization: Arts Orange County; https://artsoc.org/
Location: Irvine, CA
Organization Background: Since 1995, Arts Orange County has had a reputation for attracting top civic leaders in the fields of business, education, human services, and the arts to serve on its Board of Directors, especially those with a passion for building appreciation of, participation in, and support for the arts and arts education in Orange County, California. In 2006, Arts Orange County and the Orange County Community Foundation released the results of the study entitled Orange County Cultural Indicators Report: Measuring Progress Toward a More Creative Community. The goal was to acquire and share a clear understanding of Orange County’s arts and culture sector. The results have been used to engage the community in collaborative planning and problem-solving that makes Orange County a more creative community. Arts Orange County is seeking to grow its Board of Directors with leaders possessing skills who can continue the guidance, planning, and cultivation of resources necessary to help promote the work of Arts Orange County and further the future direction of the organization.
Arts Orange County seeks to attract volunteer members to its Board of Directors who contribute their time, talent and treasure to promote ArtsOC’s work in the community. Examples of desired attributes:
- Ambassadors for the Arts Sector with-in Orange County
- Mission Driven
- Strategic Leaders
Specific duties of the Board of Directors include:
- Attending bi-monthly meetings. Meetings are typically held on the third Wednesday at 12pm at Arts Orange County’s office.
- Participating in one or more annual events of Arts Orange County, such as Orange County Arts Awards, Creative Edge Lecture, Imagination Celebration, Dia del Nino, VOICES: Veterans Storytelling Project, to further their knowledge and appreciation of Arts Orange County’s work within the community.
- Educating the community by cultivating interest and external support for Arts Orange County
- Sharing opportunities for support with friends, colleagues and family
- Making a meaningful personal gift to Arts Orange County on an annual basis through personal resources, corporate giving or a donor directed fund at a community foundation. Gift commitments may be towards specific programs, special events, or general operating support. Typical gift commitment is minimum $5,000 per year.
How to Apply:
You may apply directly by emailing your resume and cover letter indicating your interest and why you would be a good fit for this opportunity to Ursula Walsh email@example.com