Title: Board Operator
Company: DCP Midstream
Location: Denver, CO
Are you a Board Operator that loves to think strategically and be proactive? Are you looking for more flexible hours, and would love to work 7 on/7 off? Do you like to work in a collaborative, teamwork environment? If you answered yes to these questions, please apply! I’d love to speak with you!
About DCP Midstream:
DCP Midstream is the largest processor of natural gas and natural gas liquids producer, working to ensure that the country has clean energy to warm homes, manufacture goods, and produce consumer products. We are a “must-run” company, and as such, we offer an increased level of stability. We are committed to greatness in everything we do - from operating efficiently, reliably, and safely to being a responsible community partner. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, DCP Midstream operates assets in 17 states.
We Offer Some Great Benefits:
- Competitive salary plus bonus potential
- Outstanding 401k plan with company match
- Comprehensive medical, dental, & vision insurance benefits
- Employee-matching charitable gifts program
- And more!
DCP Midstream is accelerating the use of plant remote board operations. From our Integrated Collaboration/Control Center (ICC) the Board Operator monitors the flows, pressures and specifications of our field operations. They remotely and manually quarterback the safe and reliable performance of our operations, overseeing daily field gas flow goals of 400 mmcf/d up to over 1bcf/d.
The ICC monitors operational data for 40+ plants with full integration of operating, engineering, financial and optimization data utilizing plant and system optimization models to maximize value through integrated decision making. The ICC optimization value stream includes 24x7 monitoring, plant and system optimization, gas scheduling and remote gas plant board operations.
As a Board Operator, you will have optimization models, engineering, financial and operations support at your fingertips to maximize the efficiency and profitability of the plants you are operating. The benefits of operating gas plants in the ICC include:
- One centralized location
- Enabled real-time data
- Data driven problem solving
- Improved incident troubleshooting and system reliability
- Enhanced system-wide transparency
- Optimal performance
Responsible for remotely operating multiple plants while maximizing plant production, quality and efficiency. The Board Operator ensures the safe and efficient operation of processes, systems and associated equipment.
Coordinate with plant technicians at the plants to ensure equipment is running safe and reliably, troubleshoot plant issues and provide guidance of maintenance activities. Exchange information with the ICC plant coordinators and engineers to ensure plant is running optimally. Collaborate with the pipeline controllers to ensure gas is being routed to the plants. Coordinate with system optimizers to ensure gas throughput nominations are being achieved. Interact with field personnel to coordinate pig launching and field utilization.
The ICC remote operation control center is a 24 hour operation where incumbents are required to work 12 hour shifts, rotating night and day shift every two weeks. 7 days on shift and 7 days off shift.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Operates plant facilities’ various equipment/systems including, but not limited to: process controls and measurement, pumps, pressure relief system instrument air system, dehydrators, fuel system, emergency shutdown systems, gas turbines, reciprocating compressors, steam turbines, amine treating systems, inlet gas receivers and transfer facilities.
- Monitoring the field remotely via electronic surveillance devices to insure operations are running smoothly.
- Could be responsible for completing and submitting work orders through Maximo.
- Communicates field performance and remediation recommendations to local leadership
- Could potentially manage acceptable condensate levels within field specifications.
- Engaging stakeholders to develop and communicate monthly and daily operational targets.
- Continuously monitoring actual performance against those targets and driving/documenting the actions to address deviations.
- Providing information and guidance based on a consolidation of data and a broad perspective of day to day operational performance
- Coordinating/supporting responses to abnormal operating events and crisis events.
- Tracking deviations to plans and respective causes of deviations.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- High school diploma or GED; Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering preferred
- 2 years previous operations experience in a gas processing or gas transportation
- Position requires knowledge and insight of practical methods, techniques and work processes gained through technical training and work experience to operate moderately complex equipment or processes
- Position requires technically-sound judgment, the ability to review large amounts of data in a short timeframe, and efficiency in the application of techniques and tools
- Position requires ability to gather, trend and analyze operational performance data and develop optimization recommendations to maximize plant efficiency, throughput and plant profitability
- Position requires ability to identify issues in the plant, troubleshoot problems and follow through with solutions and communicates changes to the team
- Ability to read and understand P&ID’s and PFD’s
- Excellent communication, collaboration, self-management and organizational skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Advanced multi-tasking capability with the ability to monitor, react and control multiple computer screens simultaneously
- Analytical and troubleshooting skills with a creative approach to solve complex technical problems
- Ability to influence and persuade others in order to maximize value through integrated decision making process
- Forward thinking approach to work and willingness to keep learning and developing skills.
- Willing to work rotating shifts and overtime as needed
Apply online here, and we’ll be in touch ASAP to discuss whether this opportunity could be the right fit for you.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of DCP Midstream not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status