Our company is committed to being trusted voices of light and truth reaching hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
Who we are:Bonneville International has been a leader in broadcasting for over 50 years, with a mission to build up, connect, inform and celebrate communities and families across our markets. We currently own and operate 22 radio stations in Seattle, Phoenix, Denver, Sacramento, San Francisco and Salt Lake City, along with the NBC Affiliate TV station, KSL TV 5, in Salt Lake. We're proud of our history, and we want talented people to join us as we continue to grow!
This position is for a true On-Call individual, who can fill in as needed in an exciting a fast paced 24h environment. This person will learn to operate the on-air studio console in a manner that assures that only technically excellent and flawlessly timed content is broadcast on the KSL NewsRadio airwaves. They will also assist from time to time in producing talk shows that discuss the issues of the day, relatable and compelling news, and matters important to the community.
We currently have openings for Late Evening & Overnight Cover; and Sundays.
- Full focus and ownership of shift on-air console operations including: maintaining accurate transmitter and program logs, airing commercials per program logs, airing emergency alerts, recording satellite feeds, ensuring transmitter is operating according to FCC parameters, ensuring all audio elements are problem free before air, and updating discrepancy reports with all occurrences that depart from the program log or quality goals set by station management
- Check studio equipment for proper functioning prior to going on-air, reporting technical problems and equipment malfunctions
- Clearly and succinctly communicate regularly with hosts, anchors and producers on upcoming show elements. Monitor clock and provide cues to talent to ensure program continuity
- Coordinate the appropriate mix of music and sound for assigned shows, and ensure that levels are mixed properly
- Cross-train and maintain working knowledge of all board operator shifts; fill in for team mates as needed
- Cut audio from weekday talk shows and upload as multiple podcasts that have engaging titles and SEO-heavy descriptions
- Assist talk show producers in creating varied and unique content for posting to show's social media accounts
- Screen phone calls as needed
- Work with producers to create/edit "best of" library for assigned shows
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor; maintain positive and cooperative rapport with staff, management and clients
- Management will assign responsibilities on a regular and/or rotating basis depending upon need and proven capabilities and the need to provide expertise for the future
College degree in communications, journalism, or other relevant field OR two years relevant experience
At least 1 year of experience running an audio board in a live broadcast setting. Broadcasting internship and college broadcasting experience may be considered in lieu of professional experience
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS:
Proficiency in sound production and audio editing, including editing programs (Pro Tools, Adobe Audition, Audacity
Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Work, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
Experience with Libsyn preferred
REQUIRED GENERAL SKILLS:
- Highly reliable and professional
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast paced, collaborative, deadline-driven, team environmentwhile managing multiple priorities effectively
- Highly creative in use of sound, production elements, and show ideas to build more interesting presentation
- Solid understanding of digital media, SEO tactics, podcasting and social media strategy; desire to participate in stations' digital marketing efforts and stay on top of trending digital developments
- Thorough understanding and ability to work in the areas of news, politics, and pop culture
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively.
- Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination.
- Lift, move, and carry up to 50 pounds on occasion.
Bonneville is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Minority/female/disability PWDNET/veteran are encouraged to apply.