Location: New York, NY
Responsible for the operation and quality of studio sound equipment during programs. Operates equipment to record, edit, synchronize, mix and reproduce recordings. Taking direction from producers, talent and directors, participates in the creation of the sound image for assigned programs. Incumbents of this position may be assigned to more than one program and perform slightly different functions across programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Checks studio equipment for proper functioning prior to going on air, reporting technical problems and equipment malfunctions.
* Runs the audio board for various live and taped programs and edits audio for on-air use.
* Ensures studio sound equipment is functioning properly during programs.
* Ensures that on-air product is up to broadcast standards before it leaves the studios.
* Works with producers and talent on following programming clocks to ensure that all content and advertisements are featured as planned.
* Works with producers, talent and directors to develop creative sound ideas to enhance program content.
* Chooses sound effects to enhance program image.
* Coordinates the appropriate mix of music and sound for assigned shows, and ensures that levels are mixed properly.
* Provides cues and support to talent to facilitate with program continuity.
* Screens all incoming calls and selectively chooses callers to go on-air, for the purpose of enhancing program content.
* Puts listener calls through to on-air talent and ends calls.
* Works with producers to create / edit "Best of..." programs from archives of past shows for weekend or special re-broadcasting needs.
* May provide hosts with news updates and breaking stories, on occasion.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent, relevant experience preferred.
* At least 1 year of experience producing and running an audio board.
Requirements and General Skills:
* Ability to meet tight deadlines and multi-task.
* Strong knowledge of various programming genres.
* Interest in pop culture and current events.
* Ability to work as part of a team.
* Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
* Previous use of Prophet and Cool Edit preferred.
* Proficiency in ISDN operation.
* Operating studio sound equipment.
* Mixing sound elements into a professional sounding product.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration
SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled