Location: Washington, D.C.
Serve as board operator and/or call screener for various SiriusXM Talk Programming shows.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Run the audio board for various live and taped programs, and edit audio for on-air use.
* Check studio equipment for proper functioning prior to going on-air, reporting technical problems and equipment malfunctions.
* Screen phone calls as needed.
* Work with producers and talent on following programming clocks to ensure that all content and advertisements are featured as planned.
* Work with producers, talent, and directors to develop creative sound ideas to enhance program content.
* Coordinate the appropriate mix of music and sound for assigned shows, and ensure that levels are mixed properly.
* Provide cues and support to talent to facilitate with program continuity.
* Work with producers to create/edit "best of" library and emergency procedures.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree preferred.
* At least 1 year of experience running an audio board in a broadcast setting.
* Internship and college broadcasting experience may be considered in lieu of professional experience.
Requirements and General Skills:
* Experience working in broadcast radio, preferably Talk.
* Flexible scheduling, must be available to work weeknights.
* Experience working with children in a professional environment.
* Comfortable working with talent, artists, and high profile individuals.
* Ability to work with off-site ("remote") talent -- communicating mostly via email/skype/phone.
* Excellent verbal communication skills.
* Strong organizational skills and ability to work under pressure and deadlines.
* Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
* Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
* Experience with broadcast operation software (Prophet, Zetta, Dalet, NexGen, etc), and familiarity with digital audio editing software (ProTools, Audition, OneCut, SoundForge, etc)
* Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled