Do you have a passion for repairing cars, assisting with providing exceptional guest experiences, and being an innovator in the automotive industry? As a Body Shop Painter's Helper at David McDavid Honda Irving, you will have the opportunity to make a positive impact on our business and customers every day while earning the pay you deserve and awesome benefits! We are looking for an energetic, technically-focused Painter's Helper who will help us redefine the car-servicing experience Does this sound like you?
The Painter's Helper is responsible for assisting in the repair of all assigned vehicles to pre-accident condition.
- Assist the painter in the repair planning process
- Assist the painter as directed or needed maintaining industry standards for quality workmanship
- Prime and sand vehicles, parts and or panels for the Painter
- Mask and protect parts of the vehicles that are not to be painted or coated
- Assist in identifying and sourcing parts as needed
- Assist in performing quality repairs without passing on defects
- Consistently utilize all required safety equipment and follow proper repair procedures
- Adhere to all requirements for hazardous waste disposal
- Keep personal work area organized and returns tools, materials and equipment to designated areas
- Keep abreast of and comply with federal, state and local regulations that affect body shop operations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know, etc.
- Comply with all laws and regulations pertaining to paint, thinners and other hazardous materials
- Periodic lifting and carrying of objects over 50 pounds is required
- May be exposed to fumes, chemicals, high levels of dust and noise in repair center
- Must be able to wear protective equipment, including respirator
- Previous automotive body, painting or military equivalent experience
- Must be at least eighteen years of age
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- Must be able to pass pre-employment screening(background & drug test)
In order for you to be your best for our customers, you have to be healthy, financially-secure and continue to develop your skills and expand your knowledge. We are committed to helping you achieve these goals through our competitive benefits and perks program!
- Competitive weekly pay
- 401k plans with company matching for most full-time and part-time team members
- Health care – medical, dental and vision insurance plans
- ZERO-COST medical premium for base HDHP option for team member only coverage (select roles eligible and job tenure applies: A&B Technicians, Body Shop Technicians, Internal Technician, Body Shop Mechanical Tech’s, Painters, Shop Foreman, Sales Consultants, Service Advisors and Body Shop Estimators.)
- Tax-free flexible spending accounts
- Life Insurance ($30,000 complimentary), short-term and long-term disability plans
- Paid holidays and PTO (up to 28 days depending on length of employment service and position)
- Stock Equity Grant program for high performance (select front-line team members eligible!)
- Employee discounts on service and cars
- Up to 8 weeks paid pregnancy disability leave program
- Career Path tool to assist in career development
- Scholarship program for employees, their parents, and their dependents
- Opportunities to join our community service initiatives
- Recognition program with opportunity to earn credit on Amazon.com
- Employee referral program with bonus opportunities
Why Asbury? Asbury offers the advantages only a major dealer group can. With more than 25,000 available vehicles in stock to sell, 500+ cars sold and 4,500+ vehicles serviced daily, 8,000 team members and 8 million customers, we are one of the largest Fortune 500 franchised auto retailers in the United States. Asbury operates more than 80 dealerships across the country-- which means there are plenty of opportunities for career growth and development. Our competitive pay and benefits, training opportunities, and recognition programs make Asbury an industry leader. To find out more, visit us at: www.asburycareers.com.