Customer First | Integrity | Excellence | Teamwork | Fun!
Peterson Trucks has an immediate need for experienced Body Shop Technicians at our Portland, OR location.
At Peterson our Vision is to be our customers’ first choice. We put our customers first and continually strengthen our partnerships through our employee’s hard work, ingenuity and determination. Our 80 year history is a reflection of our collective efforts and focus.
We provide a family oriented environment that promotes safety, personal growth and professional achievement. Critical to our continued success is hiring and developing exceptional employees. We are deeply committed to providing an environment necessary to attract and retain engaged employees who will relentlessly strive to reach Peterson’s strategic goals and vision. We have high standards for our employees, with good reason. They represent Peterson, our family, our brand, and our values to customers and our team members.
We have high expectations and so do you. You are exceptionally motivated, have outstanding skills, and are looking for more than just a job. We offer competitive wages, generous benefits, and promotional opportunities at a family owned and operated business that really cares about employees. If you want to work side-by-side with others who are passionate about customer service, consider joining our team. You can help us write more chapters in our success story as we move towards celebrating our 100 year anniversary.
Reporting to the Shop Service Supervisor, performs service activities primarily in the main service shop for customer and/or sales and rental fleet equipment.
- Maintain a safe working environment and observe all safety procedures, laws, policies, and rules.
- Communicate with internal and external customers in a manner that promotes a positive relationship.
- Work overtime as needed within labor law guidelines.
- Perform assigned tasks in a timely, accurate, and efficient manner.
- Follow manufacturer and company service guidelines and procedures to ensure quality work and to preserve and document component failure analysis.
- Perform the following service operations with occasional supervision:
- Write service reports that accurately document activities.
- Prepare required documentation including work orders, parts lists, and time cards in an accurate and timely manner to enable other employees to do their job in a timely manner.
- Paint and body work on vehicles, fiberglass, plastic, finish matching, painting, mixing, tinting and blending on trucks.
- Other duties may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Two plus years of body service/refinishing experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Must have a valid OR driver’s license and/or the ability to obtain one.
- Must be able to follow logical troubleshooting procedures.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Maintain a professional appearance.
Peterson Trucks is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. A drug screen and background check is required.