Primary Purpose and Essential Functions: Perform thorough inspections and related tractor and body repairs while ensuring safety compliance with DOT requirements.
- Perform inspections to identify damaged or faulty Internal/external components to meet company, OEM and DOT specifications.
- Repair or replace standard Internal/external body components including cab, body panels, glass, mirrors, restraints, safety devices, radio, upholstery, telematics and steering/suspension systems to maximize safety of equipment while in use on public roads.
- Recognize and identify, non-body related repair or maintenance items (trailer, tires, etc).
- Proactively work to assist others in achieving the organization's objectives.
- Skills: Demonstrated/proven superior customer service skills. Ability to read and understand repair manuals, understanding and ability to complete/fill tags and repair orders. Must possess excellent computer skills.
- Education: High School, GED or combination of training and/or experience required. Drivers license required.
- Experience Required: Three years' hands on experience and on the job training in a related body shop field required.