Body Weld Maintenance Group Lead
ResourceTek is the Human Capital division of Barge Design Solutions, a multi-discipline Engineering and Architecture firm. We specialize in providing technical recruitment and staffing services to industry and government in all areas of Engineering, Information Technology, and a broad range of other Technical disciplines.
In partnership with our client, a leader in automotive OEM automotive industry, ResourceTek is seeking a Body Weld Maintenance Group Lead to join their team in Huntsville, AL. This is a direct hire opportunity.
- Lead the establishment and ramp-up of body weld maintenance at a large, high-volume, cutting-edge automotive manufacturing operation.
- Establish strong team member relations, at all levels and provide support for people development, coaching and mentoring with a focus on teamwork and inclusion
- Collaborate with Japanese team members
- Create improvement strategies relative to KPI achievement and in translating those strategies into concrete action plans by use of Floor Management Systems
- Provide supervision to body weld maintenance team leaders and team members in overall strategies based on company policy management and priorities
- Ensure alignment of maintenance activities to support business plan objectives
- Share information, communicate goals, and coach team members to achieve objectives
- Support preparation of preventative maintenance system and ensure compliance and effectiveness
- Support new model development activities and new tooling/equipment introduction
- Create and manage team member and team leader development plans
- Spare parts management and optimization of inventory levels
- Lead reliability Kaizen and improvement activity including major breakdown root cause analysis and countermeasure action plan implementation
- Lead activities to improve operational efficiency and reduce MTTR/MTBF.
- Manage maintenance standardization activity including skills training, contingency plans, and best practices.
- Lead evaluation, analysis, and implementation of maintenance cost reduction activities
- Troubleshoot and problem solving to eliminate chronic downtime issues
- Ability to work rotating shifts and shutdowns as needed.
- Ability to work outside of typical business hours and travel as needed (domestically and internationally)
- 5+ years’ experience in a manufacturing maintenance environment
- Plant level experience in a supervisory role
- Skilled at troubleshooting mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, welding, and robotic systems
- Body weld line technical/systems experience. Knowledge of welding processes including automation, PLC’s, Mig/resistance welding, and Robots
- Demonstrated knowledge of welding environmental requirements
- Ability to manage in a fast pace environment with a positive attitude
Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Maintenance Group Leader