This position is responsible for conducting safe and effective BOGAFIT classes, as well as inform and motivate new and current members on the benefits of regular exercise. We are looking for team players who are passionate about fitness and motivated to turn that passion into a career.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute and comply with procedures as outlined in the BogaFit instructor manual
- Teach safe and effective classes, according to guidelines and description.
- Support, assist, motivate, and retain all members
- Promote all classes and events internally and externally
- Attends all staff and club meetings and events
- Coordinate replacement sub if unable to teach assigned class, per supervisors’ approval
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with members and staff
- Ensures that all required documentation (daily reports, checklists, etc.) are completed in a timely manner.
- Ability to respond quickly and appropriately to emergency situations
- Present a professional demeanor at all times when representing the Genesis Health Clubs
- Participate in regular exercise programs
- Provide input in developing strategies to support club goals and objectives
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from members
- Available to work weekends and evenings and holidays
- Must hold current CPR certification
- Ability to work well with others
- Customer service abilities
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds
- Ability to communicate with guests and other associates, including reading, writing, and speaking