Position Description Summary:
The Book Keeper is responsible for executing the total cash and bookkeeping procedures for the location. Overall duties will include reconciliation of all deposits, cash reports, variance reports and posting the daily sales for each day according to the company policies. This position supports and assist the efforts of the sales staff to ensure daily policy and procedures related to the Standard Operations Procedures of Loss Prevention and the General Manager are followed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare the cash/ sales reports reconcile charge batches and timing ordering of change to replenish the safe funds.
- Count and reconcile daily cash deposits, safe and petty cash funds.
- Balance and replenish registers and safes and perform other cash functions on a daily basis.
- Reconciliation of the daily cash variance report and track discrepancies thru over and short summary reports.
- Assist with training and coaching sales associates on proper cash handling procedure to minimize discrepancies and errors.
- In some locations the book keeper responsibilities may include:
- Ordering and processing, receiving documents, product inventory including cigarettes and other assignments as deemed by the location manager.
- Maintaining store and office supplies.
- Inputting hours and schedules into the scheduling system.
- Ability to work flexible shifts in a 7/365-day team oriented environment
- Exceptional customer service skills and an ability to communicate (oral and written)
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Self-starter able to prioritize numerous tasks and adapt to unexpected situations simultaneously
- Proficiency required in Microsoft Office
- Ability to pass the Federal Criminal History Records Check, Paradies Background Check, and the applicable Department of Transportation requirements