Medicaid Specialist Position
Genesis HealthCare is one of the nation-s largest skilled nursing care providers with more than 400 skilled nursing centers and assisted living residences in 28 states nationwide. Genesis also supplies rehabilitation therapy to over 1,500 healthcare providers in 46 states. And right now, we have openings near you. So apply today. For a remarkable Candidate like you, it-s a remarkable opportunity.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Bookkeeper AR processes accounts receivable transactions accurately and timely in accordance with applicable policy. Performs day-to-day collection functions as directed. He/she participates in required orientation and training programs and reports concerns and suspected incidences of non-compliance using the 4-step Reporting Process.
1. Maintains computer system on accounts receivable, admission, discharge, and transfer activities.
2. Completes all accounts receivable billing per applicable policy and procedure guidelines.
3. Maintains and organizes consistent collection documentation.
4. Participates in billing dispute resolution.
5. Maintains or exceeds company established cash and accounts receivable targets.
6. Maintains all monthly A/R reports for audit and financial reviews.
7. Maintains a thorough understanding of the following topics as they relate to location accounts receivable functions. These topics could include all accounts receivable functions, applicable policies and procedures, government relations, information systems, and business relationships with other affiliated companies as well as outside vendors.
8. Develops and maintains a productive working relationship with facility, regional and corporate personnel.
9. Coordinates with other functional departments to ensure the smooth flow of data to the A/R department.
10. Obtains and forwards requested information to internal departments promptly.
11. Participates as requested in training or review of A/R.
12. Maintains safe and clean work area and adheres to location/company safety standards.
13. Adheres to location and applicable policies and procedures.
14. Adheres to established HIPAA confidentiality standards of patient/resident and client location information.
15. Performs all other tasks or duties as assigned.
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:1. Desire healthcare financial billing including Medicare, Medicaid, Private and other agency regulations including collection experience.2. Two years experience in a computerized environment.3. High school education or equivalent, prefer and Associates degree from a community college or technical school. Exceptional or related job experience may be substituted for education requirement.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled