Job Title: Bookkeeper
Department: Front Office
Reports To: Office Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt X Non-Exempt
Prepared By: Nicole Johns
Approved By: Nicole Johns
BOOKKEEPER JOB SUMMARY:
- The bookkeeper position is responsible for maintaining day-to-day financial transactions. The maintaining of financial transactions includes posting information to accounting journals from such source documents as invoices to customers, cash receipts, and vendor invoices. The bookkeeper also reconciles accounts to ensure their accuracy.
BOOKKEEPER JOB DUTIES*:
- Perform data entry and administrative duties.
- Type invoices
- Monitor / maintain daily business transactions.
- Maintain / balance subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
- Maintain historical records by filing documents.
- Enter / pay vendors invoices in a timely manner.
- Process sales invoices, receipts and payments.
- Pay any debt as it comes due for payment.
- Ensure that receivables are collected promptly.
- Record cash receipts and make bank deposits.
- Maintain accounting filing system.
- Provides clerical and administrative support to management as requested.
- Enters and maintains all applicable data
- Performs other duties as assigned
- **I.W.R. reserves the right to add or change duties at any time
BOOKKEEPER JOB SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Prior experience in administrative and customer service.
- Prior experience in accounting, finance, or other related fields.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately.
- Strong typing skill
- Time management skills are required.
- Strong organizational skills necessary
- Knowledge of business operations and business acumen
- Ability to work as part of a team and interact effectively with others
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Experience in QuickBooks, Q Express, Outlook, Word, Excel
- A "Get It Done” mindset
- Ability to adapt to different situations as job responsibilities may change at any time due to business needs
***Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs.
I.W.R. Rev. 01.13.2021