Bookkeeping Assistant, Part-Time
JCC of Stamford
1035 Newfield Ave
Stamford, CT 06905
Reports to:Director of Finance
Regular Part-Time/Non-exempt/Support Staff
Schedule:15-20 hours per week
Accounts payable, billing, payments and reconciliations. Support Director of Finance, Director of Registration and Accounting Associate in daily tasks to be assigned as needed. Individual will provide a high level of customer service through communication and active participation as a team member.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Process enrollment, billing, assigning of payment plans, update registration records, payment processing and collections for agency programs.
- Perform all duties associated with the processing of standard member and participant financial transactions, including research and resolution.
- Oversee the registration procedures for special programs and events by assisting with ticket sales, reservations; tracking registration data for reporting purposes.
- Respond to member inquiries and requests for letters for dependent care, etc.
- Administrative support for Finance Department.
The successful candidate will possess excellent communication skills and demonstrate a positive attitude in assisting the department in its goals. Customer service and member care for outstanding delivery are key in this role. Willingness to learn new systems and seek improvements in processes.Minimum Qualifications:
- Excellent data entry skills
- Mid-level hands on knowledge of Excel
- Knowledge of QuickBooks or other accounting software, preferred
The Stamford Jewish Community Center is a cultural, educational and recreational center, offering exceptional programs, classes and special events designed to enrich the mind, body and spirit. While we are driven by the Jewish values of welcoming guests, kindness, respect, and communal responsibility, we warmly welcome people of all ages, faiths, ethnicities and backgrounds.