Typical Day in the Life
A typical day in the life for a Bookkeeping Associate in Spokane might include the following:
* Work closely with clients to assess general bookkeeping needs.
* Properly code and complete data entry of bank statement and other bookkeeping transactions for clients.
* Reconcile client bank accounts.
* Process month-end balancing and journal entries and provide an analysis of GL accounts.
* Complete the month-end process for clients.
* Prepare reports, returns, and other documents as required, including sales tax reports, payroll reports, year-end tax forms, monthly/quarterly/annual financial statements, and other reports required by clients.
* Prepare and distribute 1099, 1098, 1096 and other related tax forms.
* May administer and process payroll for clients, including updating payroll systems with new and terminated employee information, pay rates and deductions; collecting, reviewing and verifying time sheets; processing and completing the payroll cycle, direct deposit input; preparing payroll tax deposits and other payroll reports as required; and issuing W2s.
* Provide back up support as needed to other bookkeeping team members and their clients.
Who You Are
* You have knowledge of general ledger accounting and principles and/or federal and state payroll laws.
* You communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
* You enjoy working on multiple projects and meet deadlines by setting priorities with work projects.
* You are able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and clients.
* You are proficient with computers, Microsoft Office (Word and Excel), QuickBooks and using various software packages.
* You have experience with processing payroll (preferred.)
* In addition to all of the above, you hold an Associate's degree in Accounting (or equivalent work experience) and have 2 years of bookkeeping experience.
Must be authorized to work in the United States permanently without the requirement of sponsorship at any point in the future.
What to Expect Next
We'll be in touch! If you look like the right fit for our position, one of our recruiters will be reaching out to schedule a phone interview with you to learn more about your career interests and goals. In the meantime, we encourage you to check us out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest or our About Us page.
Who We Are
Eide Bailly is one of the top 25 CPA and business advisory firms in the nation. We have over 40 offices in 15 states across the Midwest and western United States and offer our staff and Partners the opportunity to serve a variety of industries. Founded in 1917, our culture is the foundation of who we are, and we pride ourselves on supporting our employees to help them achieve their goals and pursue their interests both in the office and at home. At Eide Bailly we are passionate about the clients we serve, the work we do, and most importantly, having fun while we do it!
Our Business Outsourcing & Strategy practice includes a suite of outsourced and management advisory services for small to mid-sized businesses. We work with companies to ensure that they not only have accurate financial data, but that they understand and comprehend its content and why it's meaningful to their organization. Learn more at: www.eidebailly.com/ebPossible
Why You'll Love Working Here
At Eide Bailly we believe respect is how to treat everyone, not just those you want to impress. Our culture focuses on collaboration to achieve career growth. Innovation is highly encouraged, which is where programs like our EB Xchange originate. This program allows interested tax and audit employees to complete a rotation into a specialty area. We promote happy employees by making work/life balance a priority along with being actively involved in our communities. Our dedication to service can be seen through the Firm's decision to match charitable donations made by employees, as well as providing opportunities to volunteer throughout the year. We support living healthier lives with perks like a Wellness Benefit to be spent on fitness-related purchases each year. Most importantly, we like to have fun! We offer a professional and fun work environment with frequent lunch and learns, socials, contests, outings and other events.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled