Job Title: BOX OFFICE HOST
Department: Front of House (FOH)
Supervisors: Guest Services Supervisor, General Manager, Assistant GM, Manager, Box Office Trainer
Licensing: If Applicable
Job Description: Box Office Hosts are the welcoming team to our cinema guests and maintain extensive knowledge of our show schedule, seating chart, sales, marketing efforts, loyalty program, and other operational programs.
Job Purpose: To exceed guest satisfaction. Gives personal attention and takes ownership of excellent service. Listens, apologizes with empathy, finds a solution, and follows through when resolving guest problems.
- Delivers exceptional verbal communication skills with a warm and inviting personality.
- Ability to multi-task, be personable and be detailed oriented.
- Ability to take direction, develop and work in a team environment.
- Works calmly and executes job duties effectively under pressure.
- Accountable, self-motivated, organized and utilizing problem solving skills.
- Committed to quality movie-going and brewpub service and menu knowledge.
- Greet all guests with a pleasant, upbeat attitude.
- Thanks every guest that leaves.
- Answer telephones in a polite and expeditious manner.
- Refers all guest’s complaints and concerns to management with a sense of urgency.
- Sell tickets.
- Knows story lines of all current and upcoming movies, as well as all marketing programs.
- Knowledgeable of menu items offered by the cinema and their prices.
- Inform guests of their buying choices.
- Use positive, up-selling, and suggestive selling practices.
- Receive money and count the correct change for each sale.
- Use the point of sale system terminals located at the cinema for every sale.
- Become knowledgeable of company procedures regarding the use of sales terminals.
- Accurately control the money in assigned cash drawers.
- Accurately control the ticketing of guests and guest seating in shows.
- Wear company uniform and maintain professional appearance.
- Maintains a clean work station.
- Cleans designated areas each shift and any other areas of the cinema as directed by management.
- Care for cinema and equipment with high level of consideration for its value at all times.
- Assists guests to the fullest extent possible.
- Ability to speak and hear.
- Close and distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, and frequently lift up to 35 lbs. and occasionally lift/move 50 lbs.
- Exposure to heat/cold from the mechanical equipment.
- Moderate to loud noise level.
- Wide Spectrum Flix Brewhouse is designed to deliver a superlative experience for adults and families in the broadest segments of American life. However, we are not all things to all people.
- Guest Service Philosophy We make every reasonable effort to make the guests we serve happy. Although guests are not always right, they are always our guests.
- Surprise and Delight We create emotional connections by going “above and beyond” and turn guests into fans by finding ways to do unexpected things for them.
- Cinematic Leadership We generally exhibit first-run wide release motion pictures. We celebrate the cinematic experience and work to protect it by providing a safe and approachable movie-going environment for adults and families. We will always be on the forward curve of cinema technology.
- Good Food We offer high-quality food that is all-American, responsibly sourced, nutritionally diverse, affordably priced and accessible to the markets we serve.
- Craft Beer We are missionaries working to save the world from bad beer! At the world’s only first-run craft brewery cinema, beer is a unique brand differentiator. We are an active participant in the craft beer movement and support and collaborate with other craft brewers.
*We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer which values diversity. All employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit and business need. EEO/M/F/V/D - We are an e-Verify employer.