The St. James is seeking a Boys Lacrosse Director at the Springfield, VA location.
The St. James is the premier sports, wellness and active entertainment destination brand in the country, with a mission to maximize human potential by designing, developing and operating sports, wellness and entertainment destinations that engage, inspire and empower people to pursue their passions and be their best at play, at work and in life. Our flagship development in Springfield, Virginia features a premium health club, celebrity chef-inspired restaurant, premium medi-spa, 20,000 sq. ft. active entertainment center, as well as an indoor field house with FIFA-sized field, two NHL-regulation sized ice rinks, 52-meter Olympic competition pool and much, much more. The St. James allows the whole family to pursue their passions in multiple sports.
The Boys Lacrosse Director is responsible for all aspects of boys lacrosse training, developing and coaching athletes, campers as well as the creation of a boys travel program.
- Prepares and delivers a Lacrosse training program for all student-athletes focused on development and skills training for youth through collegiate players.
- Develops a boys travel program
- Assesses the skill development of each athlete, and partners with performance coaches to ensure their ongoing comprehensive development.
- Develop programming, combines, showcases, tournaments and leagues for boys lacrosse..
- Effectively communicates progress to parents/guardians.
- Assures that proper safety is maintained.
- Assists in the college process of athletes where applicable.
- Travels to tournaments and other events as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Head coach of a club program, collegiate/high school/national team or individual elite players
- Experience of preparing elite player development models and tournament schedules
- Experience of arranging and coordinating programmatic offerings for all players
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in physical education, sports management, business administration or a similar sports or business related field or the equivalent
- High standard of proficiency in Lacrosse, training and instructional techniques
- Comprehensive understanding of methodology or long term athletic development modeling
- Strong commitment to athletes and their long term development
- Desire to work collaboratively with colleagues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to comprehensive excellence
- AED certification
- Safesport Certification
- CPR Certification
- DLG certification
- Valid driverâ€™s license with ability to drive for tournaments, games, travel
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Ability to lift, move, push and pull equipment or boxes in excess of 50 lbs.
- Ability to handle outdoor temperatures for a reasonable period of time.
- Ability to move around large complex including gym, turf, etc.
- Ability to work flexible hours to include nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to travel nationally and locally for tournaments, clinics and events
Background Requirements: Requires a background check upon offer
Powered by JazzHR