By clicking "Send," you acknowledge that you have read and agree to our Terms
The Role Reporting to the Cluster Branch Manager III, you will oversee all functions at this site. This branch is located inside the Northrop Grumman building and handles a steady volume of traffic and transactions from internal employees and external customers from the community. This is a one-person branch position, and you'll be involved in everything from member service escalations to compliance, audits and regulatory issues--and so much more. Cashing checks, answering questions, hosting lunch-and-learns, supporting business development efforts, handling loan applications, and troubleshooting member issues are just a few of the things you will be doing on a daily basis.
Northrop Grumman is a global aerospace and defense technology company, and many of the members you will support will be interested in our investment products. You will assist these members in learning more about our savings and investment platforms in order to reach their financial goals.
At UNIFY, Branch Managers don't sit in their offices all day. You should count on spending almost all of your time out front, assisting members, taking calls on the teller line, and stepping in anywhere you're needed.
More specifically, you will:
Pictured: UNIFY offers free webinars throughout the year on all things financial--from money basics to tax strategies and more. Additionally, we partner with Experian to bring members Clue In on Credit -- free credit education and online webinars.
- Conduct teller transactions, open new accounts, and sell consumer lending and/or real estate loans.
- Ensure the application of and compliance with established operating policies and procedures within the branch, including, but not limited to, reviewing updates with branch staff to ensure appropriate knowledge and compliance.
- Assist in the establishment of branch goals and sales objectives and initiates actions to achieve the goals.
- Assist in monitoring branch operating and sales results relative to established objectives.
- Solve issues within the branch in relation to member, team member and operational issues.
- Promote excellent member and public relations by interacting with sponsor employer groups (SEGs), maintaining contacts, and developing relationships through prospecting and cross-selling.
- Establish, facilitate, and maintain proactive communications with the Regional Branch Manager, other departments, and branches.
- Attend scheduled management meetings.
- As a member of the Management Team, assist in the formulation/execution of Credit Union policies, objectives, programs, and promotions.
- Ensure satisfactory branch audits including but not limited to, cash and negotiable items, security, and operational processes.
- Oversee balancing activities including ATMs, Cash Dispensing Machines (CDMs), etc., maintain control of vault combinations and alarm security codes and make appropriate recommendations to change security codes as necessary.
- Ensure branch facility, branch equipment, and software is up to date and ready to serve the membership; contact appropriate parties for any maintenance, service, and repairs; ensure branch contains proper inventory and supplies.
- Ensure that the branch's needs are met concerning employment, counseling, performance evaluations, timecards, scheduling, training, and motivation, and developmental plans and performance expectations are set, reviewed, and achieved.
- Ensure full compliance with UNIFY's Service Standards, policies, procedures and the Bank Secrecy Act.
- Perform all other duties as assigned cheerfully, willingly, and with professionalism and accuracy.
The Requirements To meet the basic qualification for this role, you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. In addition, to be a good fit for the Branch Manager opportunity you will have:
Top candidates also will have MANY of the following:
- A high school diploma.
- 2+ years of experience in a sales/retail or banking environment.
- 3+ years of experience leading others as a supervisor, assistant manager, branch manager or higher and proven strong leadership skills. Quick question for you - click here
- Experience recommending products to meet sales goals.
- Cash handling experience.
- Solid problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills, including knowledge of standard business writing.
- Excellent interpersonal abilities.
- The ability to obtain and maintain Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO) certification through the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS).
This branch is closed on the weekends, so you won't have to report in on Saturdays or Sundays! The normal business hours for this branch are: Monday - Friday, 9 AM–1 PM, 2–5 PM. You will be expected to work at least a 15 minutes to a half-hour before the Credit Union opens and after it closes. Quick question for you - click here
- Strong analytical skills necessary to evaluate credit requests, prepare budgets and determine trends in a given marketplace.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- A demonstrated ability to work within and develop a team environment.
- A proven commitment to quality member/customer service.
- Thorough knowledge of banking products and services.
- Thorough knowledge of regulatory, policy and compliance issues.
- A strong background in sales and sales management practices.
- The ability to:
- Proactively solicit new business.
- Manage multiple tasks/projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Resolve complex problems with minimal guidance.
- Knowledge of human resources issues, including performance management and progressive discipline.
- The ability to travel for training purposes.
- A bachelor's degree.