Join our team! As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, First American Title Insurance Company (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889. First American Title’s Direct division provides comprehensive title insurance protection and professional settlement services for real estate purchases, refinances and equity loans.We believe that our people are the key to the company’s continued success. Because our employees enable our future, we invest in theirs by supporting their careers and promoting their overall wellbeing. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® 2018 list for the third consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, visit www.firstam.com.
The Branch Manager directs or manages the day-to-day operations of an assigned branch and may perform the duties of a production position. Employees supervised may include escrow, title, recording, etc. Acts as a neutral third-party between buyers and sellers during a real estate sale, managing funds and processing real estate transactions. Ensures employee conformance to established practices and proper training of staff. Prepares related reports and audits current procedures to monitor efficiency of operations.
- Oversees branch operations profitability, including goal establishment, communication and execution. Monitors and reports on profitability of assigned area/branch. Interprets financial data and makes adjustments in order to manage expenses and achieve profitability.
- Manages a staff with responsibility for coaching, mentoring, hiring, and training of all branch escrow staff. Delegates assignments, provides development opportunities. Manages workflow and resolves escalated issues.
- Aligns branch goals with business unit goals. Provides input to senior manager.
- Develops and monitors branch metrics, reporting information to senior management and provides recommendations for policy change based on branch results.
- Develops new and repeat business through bankers, brokers and agents.
- Maintains existing client base and manages ongoing client and business challenges.
- Works with internal and external customers to manage all aspects of a sale, resale or refinance escrow transaction. Answers questions and provides guidance regarding products, services, policies or specific transactions.
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Proficient computer skills
- Strong supervisory and administrative skills
- Customer Service orientation - responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Detail orientation; organized
- Problem solving skills
- Plannng, analytical, and negotiation skills
- Must be able to establish credibility and be decisive, coupled with the ability to recognize and support the organization’s preferences and priorities
- Teamwork - balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives
- Written Communication - writes clearly and informatively; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information
- Interpersonal - focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Verbal Communication - speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Typical Range of Experience
- 5-8 years related experience
- 4+ years of supervisory experience
License or Certification
- State licensing preferred
- Escrow Officer certification from the Escrow Association or completion of escrow officer training program by a title company or banking a plus
First American invests in its employee’s development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.