The Branch Manager position exists to direct overall branch activities in order to continually and simultaneously find and serve the customers within the Branch’s target market in an extraordinary manner so that Building & Earth’s brand name and reputation continue to flourish. As part of that mission, the Branch Manager position includes managing and directing the performance, activities, training and development of branch personnel and business development. The position is also responsible for enforcing corporate policies and procedures as related to the branch office and all things pertaining to branch finances, as well as technical review of all branch work for quality control/quality assurance and safety. The Branch Manager is expected to demonstrate leadership capability and strong work ethics, and encourage the practice of Building & Earth values.
- Establishing a Branch business plan and providing clear supervision and direction to all Branch personnel on tasks, projects and responsibilities.
- Directing subordinate supervisors who supervise employees.
- Providing direction, oversight and/or review to all Geotechnical, Environmental and Concrete Materials Testing (CMT) related activities.
- Ensuring that all work meets all safety and quality standards, codes and specifications, including set schedules and deadlines.
- Ensuring that field reports are properly reviewed and reported in a timely manner.
- Recognizing, analyzing & resolving problems and issues at the earliest phase possible.
- Providing timely and accurate information on progress, reviews, observations, solutions and/or any other project related information in an understandable format.
- Ensuring smart purchases by utilizing standard purchasing techniques, including obtaining multiple bids and working with other branches to achieve economies of scale in purchases.
- Ensuring that operations personnel have the tools they need to perform their jobs satisfactorily, including approved plans, a detailed budget, etc. Personally inspecting jobs, time sheets and other reports to assess progress, accuracy and achievement of branch objectives.
- Continually taking the pulse of clients through conversations, meetings, industry events and customer satisfaction surveys. Ensuring a quick and proper response to all reasonable customer requests.
- Maintaining optimal staff levels to insure profitability along with ability to execute the work while adhering to all safety and quality expectations, specifications, codes and standards.
- Providing direction, counseling, positive reinforcement, performance review & feedback, mediation, high productivity, good morale and motivation for all Branch personnel.
- Setting and adjusting fair compensation. Initiating changes and/or promotions within the Branch and/or recommending changes and/or promotions outside of the Branch.
- Ensuring that all branch personnel understand the overall company objectives as well as their individual departmental objectives and that they work together to achieve the stated objectives. The branch manager must be available to help resolve conflicting objectives and reinforce continuously respectful communication between all departments.
- Initiating new business leads and preparing proposals for new work.
- Representing the company professionally and technically with Technical, Marketing and Industry groups to maximize the company’s exposure to the Design and Construction Industry.
- Knowledge of Construction Materials Testing, geotechnical practices, such as subsurface exploration, and other relevant processes, procedures, codes and standards.
- Knowledge of general and special construction inspection practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of applied leadership skills, abilities and best practices.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a thorough knowledge of business English, spelling, arithmetic and vocabulary. Communications must be open and honest in keeping with Building & Earth open communication philosophy.
- Ability to create and maintain accurate and confidential records and data and to prepare easily understandable reports for distribution.
- Ability to organize, coordinate and prioritize tasks and schedules.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, clients and client representatives and the general public with a focus on maintaining a Customer/Client focus at all times.
- Ability to dress, speak and act professionally & appropriately.
- Ability to deal with stressful situations, multiple priorities and hectic schedules calmly and courteously.
- Skilled in the use of computers and common software applications, including ability to learn company specific software applications.
- Skilled in financial management & problem solving/analysis.
- Ability to work ethically, honestly and safely at all times.
- Must be able to work, move, or carry objects or materials up to 20 lbs.
- Visual/hearing ability sufficient to comprehend written/verbal communications in the English language, including the ability to communicate directly and over the telephone and be understood.
Minimum Education, Training and/or Experience
- College degree in Engineering or related field
- Computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft Office or other spreadsheet software
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in related field.
- Possession of a valid professional license in engineering or related field. May be required to obtain professional license in multiple states.
- Possession of a valid state of residence driver’s license.
- Ability to be insured under all applicable Corporation insurance policies.