As a Branch Manager your benefits will include the use of a Company Vehicle, Laptop, IPhone, Vacation, Sick Pay, 401k, Medical, Dental, LTD, STD & Life. Pay will be determined on experience.
The Commercial Grounds Branch Manager is responsible for overall planning and performance of a Commercial Grounds Management Branch. This position is responsible for various Administrative and Management functions to support their position, some of which include the management of Account Managers, Production Managers, Enhancement Manager, and Enhancement Designer/Estimator. They must be an effective leader, have a solid work ethic, inspire others, and have a good understanding of Commercial Grounds Management. Other duties may be required as directed by the General Manager, Vice President. This position is a supporting position to the General Manager, Vice President.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- The duties of the manager consist of implementing all policies and procedures as they relate to CRM, administration, enhancement design, installation, and commercial grounds production managers.
- Balancing the need to produce good quality work through the Account Manager and Production Manager, while also making a profit, utilizing tools such as KPI reports.
- Development of positions from Level II- VI through training and coaching, with assistance from Vice President of Operations and the Recruiter.
- Team cohesion within the Branch.
- Facility bi-weekly branch meetings with set agenda that is submitted to the executive team.
- Implement and supervise all aspects of horticulture on job sites through its Account Manager and Production Manager teams.
- Continually improving horticulture knowledge through continued education, seminars, and by seeking out Universities and industry leaders.
Administration and Accounting
- Purchasing, invoicing, inventory, billing and collections for the Branch.
- Review open work order reports and close out appropriately.
- Measure, record, and submit monthly branch inventory to Controller.
- Budgeting and cost controls for branch.
- Use company systems to forecast and effectively communicate labor and material budgets for all crews as a guide for production.
- Act with initiative to ensure the integrity of data provided to accounting system (BOSSLM mobile timesheets, inventory, and work orders)
- Work with Vice President of Operations, Fleet Manager, and Production Managers to manage equipment inventory and ensure accurate record keeping.
- Act with initiative to see that accounting policies and procedures are being followed consistently.
- See that all Operations related entries are made using BOSSLM for effective communication, scheduling, and tracking of job issues.
- Oversite of Production Managers performing interviews, hiring, orientation, training, procedures, performance reviews and terminations.
- Management of seasonally adjusted headcount and budgeted vs. actual hours using tools such as KPI reports and past experience, with the assistance of the Vice President of Operations.
- Utilize BOSSLM (Gantt/OLAP) reports to forecast fluctuating human resource needs on a seasonally adjusted basis within the Branch.
- See that monthly budgeted hours are forecast and acted upon with initiative by each Production Manager within the branch and direct them in making necessary adjustments.
- Implementation and management of general safety program with guidance from Vice President of Operations and Recruiter.
Sales and Services
- Engages in effective customer relations by both directly and indirectly, through the Account Manager team, communicating effectively, fostering resolution to customer needs, and representing the company in a customer-centric way.
- Promptly address clients’ concerns and maintain excellent client relations both directly and indirectly through the Account Manager.
- Possess a strong client relationship, both directly and indirectly through the Account Manager to retain a minimum of 95% of Commercial Grounds Management Contracts.
- Review any needed price increases and approve all contract renewals in your Branch to present to General Manager, Vice President for signature when required.
- Promote Enhancement sales for the company both directly and indirectly through the Account Managers and Enhancement Designer. The branch will have a sales goal for each year that is set by the General Manager, Vice President.
- Promote Commercial Grounds Management sales for the company both directly and indirectly through the Account Manager Team. The branch will have a sales goal for each year this is provided by the General Manager, Vice President.
- Understand BOSS and required reports to track Commercial Grounds Management sales pipeline, contract retention, and enhancement sales.
- Coordinate and communicate with other Managers to promote the overall advancement of the company.
- Ensure Branch lockup/security.
- See that repairs are made to facilities and assets in a timely manner, using approved vendors, and within company guidelines.
- See that all vehicle and equipment repairs are made in coordination with the Fleet Manager.
- Insure the safe operation of all company owned assets.
- Safely drive company owned vehicles, and work with HR to ensure that all company approved drivers maintain a safe driving record by periodically reviewing MVR’s as provided by HR.
- Overseeing the continued needed for being on the forefront of the landscape industry.
- Provide management of any needed subcontractors, both directly and indirectly.
Not familiar with Bland Landscaping? One of the top landscaping companies in the nation, Bland Landscaping is a 43 year old company based out of Apex, North Carolina with over 300 employees throughout Raleigh, Apex, Durham, Chapel Hill, Wake Forest, Charlotte and Wilmingtonusing the latest technology, estimating tools, onboarding software, vehicles and equipment. Want to learn more about Bland Landscaping visit our website at: http://blandlandscaping.com
- Must have hands on knowledge of grounds management and installation procedures.
- Must stay abreast of industry and market specific trends
- Ability to bend and stoop on a continual basis
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions
- Ability to work around bees, poison ivy, pollen, thorns, ice and other environmental risks
- Must adhere to Bland Landscaping Company, Inc. policies.
- Must possess and maintain a NCDA pesticide applicator’s license
- Must have valid NC Driver’s license and maintain a good driving record
- Must have good communication skills and ability to motivate others
- Must assist in training of BLC employees
- Must work well with BLC customers
- Must seek out and be involved with Continuing Education opportunities
- Must network to promote BLC
- Must have a 2 or 4 year degree in related field and equivalent supervisory experience (preferably within BLC)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Compensation based on experience.
Search: Management, Landscape, Landscape Branch Manager, Commercial Landscaping, Apex, Wake Forest, Landscape Executive, Operations Manager,