The Branch Manager is responsible for the effective management and profitable operation of an assigned branch office. This includes overall responsibility for: 1) achieving profit results consistent with established expectations, 2) effective management of permanent staff (selection, compensation, training, development), 3) implementing a consistent business development program to maximize billable hours and sales growth, thereby increasing market share and operating profits, and 4) implementing and managing the Corporate Service Standards, including the Quality Performance Program.
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business or Marketing or equivalent combination of work experience is required.
Required Years of Experience
· Minimum of 3-5 years experience in a management or leadership role, preferably in the staffing industry.
· Previous experience in sales, human resources, or a service industry required.
Required Technical/ Functional Skills
· Strong sales/marketing skills needed to meet business development goals.
· Proven track record for successful staff and business development.
· Extensive Internet recruiting experience.
· Strong PC skills and the ability to navigate within the Manpower systems is critical.
· Must have strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong customer service skills.
· Ability to advise, counsel, guide, and negotiate with others (e.g., staff, temporaries).
· Ability to develop (i.e., through teaching, training, etc.) the professional skills of employees.
· Ability to analyze and evaluate people, data, and things to determine courses of action.
· Ability to effectively and tactfully deal with people.
· Ability to shift back and forth between two or more tasks.
· Ability to understand and accurately apply basic math skills.
· Ability to make competent use of work related equipment and materials.
· Ability to access areas where needed people, information or equipment are located.
· Ability to produce results within an unstructured environment and have the flexibility to identify and respond to changes in priorities.
Ability to travel to local customer sites as needed or field offices.
Primary Job Functions/ Percentage of Time
· Implement and Monitor the Corporate Service Standards, including the Quality Performance Program, for all services rendered.
· Implement and manage a detailed marketing program of personal sales calls, telephone sales, direct mail in-office demonstrations and public relations for assigned branch.
· Direct and manage Staffing Specialists customer development activities, including face-to-face customer contact to create and develop a good business relationship with existing and inactive customers and retain and build additional revenues.
· Implement and monitor activities designed to recruit, train and retain temporary employees needed to fill all available assignments.
· Recruit, select, train, and evaluate Staffing Specialists using guidelines and materials developed by Corporate Headquarters.
· Provide overall supervision and counsel to branch service staff.
· Conduct regular permanent staff meetings to ensure good communication within local branches.
· Inform employees of Manpower's strategies, objectives and results locally, regionally and nationally.
· Review all financial and general management reports
· Implement bill/pay structure to ensure a proper gross profit level.
· Determine customer credit extensions with assistance from the Corporate Credit Department.
· Implement corporate collection policies and procedures.
· Assist management in the annual preparation of a detailed forecast including projected billable hours, sales, gross profit and net profit (manage expenses necessary to achieve the desired net operating profit).
· Supervise the training of temporary employees on office automation equipment and software.
Functional Area Knowledge and Skills
Complexity of Work
Highly complex work procedures that are not typically well-established. Requires highly advanced professionaltechnical expertise, demonstrated functional knowledge and best practice experience and accomplishments. This position manages staff.