GENERAL SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for overall management of a banking center ensuring that established policies and procedures are followed. Plans, directs and manages the business development and sale activities of a branch to improve market share and achieve the financial, business and sales goals. Oversees service quality, physical security, audit integrity and risk management of the branch.
DESCRIPTION OF PRIMARY DUTIES:
- Exercises control over the operational and sales functions of a branch office. Responsible for the implementation of bank policies, procedures and objectives.
- Works closely with regional and community presidents in growing deposits, loans and sales of other bank products. Also, collaborates on customer and employee issues.
- Develops daily and weekly, individual, branch sales plans. Provides daily motivation and coaching of staff to ensure accountability and achievement of assigned sales/referral goals.
- Addresses and resolves clients’ concerns and inquires. Responsible for developing and retaining profitable client relationships in the branch.
- Responsible for continual training and development of staff, which includes sales, operational policies and procedures, customer service, product knowledge, risk management and physical security. Maintains thorough product knowledge. May assist in training other Branch Managers.
- Maximizes employee performance by monitoring their schedules and job duties assigned. Conduct performance evaluations and provide recommendations with regard to hiring, discipline, promotion or termination of staff.
- Monitors the competitive environment by staying abreast of changes in the financial services industry. Assesses competition’s rates and services, their impact on the branch; informs Regional Manager of their implications and opportunities.
- Contacts present customers to retain and expand existing banking relationships. Develops new business opportunities, opens and explains new accounts, cross-sells additional products and services to customers with an emphasis on establishing profitable relationships. Asks customers for referrals.
- Represents the company in various civic and community functions to further enhance its image and develop additional business.
- Plans and facilitates weekly branch sales meeting to discuss sales/referral results, continued sales/referral training, product promotions and continued product training.
- Originates consumer loan applications. Identifies prospects and makes referrals to appropriate department.
- Spends time out of the branch making calls on customers and prospects on a weekly basis.
- Manages lobby traffic by greeting, directing and servicing customers. Encourages the use of alternate delivery systems such as ATM, Debit Card, Online Banking and Telephone Banking.
- Ensures and is held accountable for the audit integrity, risk management, and security of the branch.
- Ensures branch is scheduled for optimum coverage, even distribution of the workload and staff.
- Maintains professional appearance and conduct of staff within the guidelines set forth in the Employee Handbook.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret financial reports and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or board of directors.
- Proficient in usage of Microsoft Office software, especially Excel, Outlook and Word.
- High school diploma required; college degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years financial services/banking experience and/or training required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in sales management preferred.
- Requires at least one year of management/supervisory experience.
First Mid Bancshares, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other applicable federal or state-protected classification.