Working Together at Alaska USA!
If you’re ready for a long-term career with a financial institution that cares about their employees, offers numerous benefits, promotes from within, and has been serving communities for 70 years, you’ve come to the right place!
Alaska USA Federal Credit Union is seeking a Branch Manager II. The Branch Manager II will be responsible for overall branch functions and delivery to include: member engagement, coach and mentor staff for growth, and achieve the business and financial objectives of the credit union. Foster a positive environment of openness where teams at various levels can all achieve, report on activities, conduct community outreach, and consult with members to provide financial solutions and creative service-based problem resolution.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop, monitor and manage the member experience and service levels within the branch. Provide leadership to the branch member engagement team to build meaningful relationships and promote member loyalty.
• Coach and mentor the member engagement team to tailor appropriate products and services, to fit the individual financial needs of each member. Meet with employees regularly, on an individual and group basis to establish and reinforce training of new technology, products, services and procedures.
• Leverage problem-solving and strong communication skills to resolve personnel and member concerns.
• Deliver effective member engagement strategies through community events, sponsorships and financial literacy training.
• Be the face of Alaska USA at professional groups as assigned, representing a professional, friendly and helpful presence with every interaction.
• Obtain and maintain state mandated insurance license to quote and bind Personal Lines insurance products, as assigned.
• Ensure compliance of all financial policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
• Responsible for proper opening and closing procedures of the branch, security, physical control and maintenance of the facility including: equipment, supply inventory, managing individual and branch cash, negotiable items and general ledgers as assigned, and timely completion of management reports.
• Responsible for the personnel functions within the branch including staffing, training, evaluating performance, maintaining a high level of employee morale/job satisfaction, and policy compliance.
• Maintain a thorough knowledge of applicable market trends.
• Recommend branch workflow improvements to streamline operational processes.
• Perform other duties as assigned
• High School Diploma
• 2+ years of supervisory or management experience
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field
• Strong verbal and written communication skills/ability to effectively engage with staff and members positively to identify needs that enhance the member relationship
• Strong personnel management skills
• Strong relationship building & sales skills
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Self-motivated, confident and ability to multitask effectively
• Ability to meet or exceed experience expectations
Alaska USA Federal Credit Union is a not-for-profit, member-owned financial services cooperative providing service, value, and convenience to members since 1948. Alaska USA provides members with great rates on loans and deposits as well as low fees for services. This commitment to each member’s financial well-being is what makes the Alaska USA experience better than banking.
The credit union strives to provide employees a comfortable working atmosphere, career opportunities and financial security in the form of competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit programs.
Alaska USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Assistant Branch Manager