Interstate Companies, Inc. is a dynamic organization that provides rewarding careers for more than 1,400 employees in its corporate office and five operating units – Interstate AssemblySystems, Interstate BearingSystems, Interstate IndustrialSystems, Interstate PowerSystems and I-State Truck Center.
As we have since our founding in 1957 as one of the world’s first Detroit Diesel Engine distributors, we continue to recruit career-oriented individuals who want fulfilling work and opportunities for professional growth. Our employees’ commitment to the company and its “Pride in Service” motto helps Interstate Companies deliver exceptional customer service every day.
We are looking for an experienced branch manager to join our team!
Branch Manager’s fulfill a critical role in our operations. They are the front line of presenting our products to the industry. They are responsible for developing networks and industry contacts, promoting our value added products and services, keeping customer satisfaction a priority. #LI-CH1
- Monitor and build customer satisfaction
- Lead materials, planning, production, tech support, warranty and engineering teams to achieve sales growth
- Develop and implement improvement plans within each of the above manufacturing disciplines
- Leverage the company financial model as a tool for visibility and improvement
- Recognizing current branch strengths and streamlining them with a solid business plan
- Involvement in industry associations and community events
- Grow the business through diversifying offerings and customer base
- Communication of policies, procedures, and branch goals to employees
- Monitor and document environmental and safety compliance data
- Uphold our promise to our customers of “Pride in Service”
- Exceptional interpersonal, leadership and communication skills
- Strong ability and desire to lead and mentor direct reports
- A self-starter who can observe the strengths present in a location and utilize those strengths to develop a positive business plan
- Experience with financial statements, budgeting and basic inventory control
- Proven background in manufacturing operations disciplines
- Leads by example through accountability
- Prior experience at the plant manager or higher level in manufacturing
- Significant experience in operating a business based on a financial model
- Strong background in LEAN Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma
- Some travel required
- Minimum of a high school diploma
- Salary plus bonus
- Company vehicle
- Broad range of health (medical, dental and vision) insurance options
- Flexible paid time off and paid holidays
- 401(K) with company match
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Interstate Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage all qualified and interested persons to apply for this position by submitting a resume for consideration.