Intertek, a leading provider of ATIC(Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification) Services, is looking for a Director of Operations to join our Transportation Technologies business in Pittsfield, MA. This position will oversee a Plastics Testing Laboratory with a focus on revenue achievement, margin enhancement and people leadership/development.
The Transportation Technologies team provides the transportation industry with the confidence that its products and services meet required safety and quality standards. The team’s services cover all aspects of clients’ needs from advisory, auditing, certification and inspection to outsourcing, quality assurance, testing, training and more.
EXAMPLES OF WORK
- Provide day-to-day leadership and management of test lab, including all administrative; QESH; legal/ethical; financial and testing functions.
- Responsible for driving the business to achieve sales, revenue, and profitability targets.
- Identify, develop, and implement processes to maximize efficiencies and drive results.
- Develop, communicate, and implement effective growth strategies.
- Develop a customer focused and quality driven culture
- Foster a success-oriented, accountable business environment.
- Responsible for management of employees, including providing training and guidance regarding job duties; ensuring each employee has a clear understanding of their role; assigning and overseeing work; providing timely performance feedback and recognition; identifying employee growth and development plans; developing and implementing employee engagement and development strategies; and engaging, inspiring and energizing employees through effect mentoring and coaching
- Responsible for staffing and retention; including making decisions regarding hiring; promotions; disciplinary actions; and terminations.
- Investigate and promote new business opportunities.
- Collaborate with the Executive Leadership team on long-term plans for growth and evolution.
- Make recommendations regarding new fixtures, equipment, or test equipment to increase capabilities
- Make recommendations regarding expenditures in conjunction with budget planning and management
- Collaborate with marketing to identify and implement marketing strategies, including creating and/or participating in webinars, writing technical articles, and participating in trade shows, etc.
- Represent Intertek in the Industry through active participation on applicable Standards Development Committees
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, management, or related discipline
- 3+ years management experience, preferably within a testing or product development laboratory
- Knowledge of plastics/polymer composites testing is strongly preferred
- At least 1-year budget management and P&L responsibility
- At least 1-year people management responsibility
- Understand Intertek’s core values and culture and effectively incorporate into initiatives
- Ability to work in a fast-paces, multi-tasking environment with shifting priorities and demanding deadlines
- Excellent leadership and team building skills
- Must possess entrepreneurial qualities
- Must be self-motivated and assertive
- Microsoft Office software expertise
- Excellent written, oral and client-facing communication skills
- Growth and budget-focused mind set
- Ability to travel as business needs dictate
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world’s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.