The position of Branch Operations Manager Float is responsible for assisting the Branch Operations Manager and/or Branch Banking Operations Director in managing a full service branch; develops new deposit and loan business; ensures branch operational activities run smoothly and efficiently; provides leadership, training and supervision within the branch; and provides a high level of customer relations and service; ensures compliance with Bank policies and procedures. The Branch Operations Manager Float assists in attaining established Bank and branch goals through active participation in sales management and officer call programs. Performs direct supervisory duties of branch staff, coordinates staff for coverage in all related areas of branch operations. Occasionally performs duties in other capacities, such as a new accounts representative, teller, or safe deposit attendant as appropriate. Please note that this is a Float position and will require travel between valley locations where support is needed.
- Provides supervision and support to all assigned areas of branch operations where service or assistance is needed; oversees activities of tellers, new accounts and other operations personnel; opens and closes the branch.
- Reinforces the application of superior customer service by example along with appropriate follow through with involved customers and employees; conducts specific periodic meetings and presentations on this topic with all staff members.
- Conducts required staff meetings on such issues as compliance, operations, policy changes, etc.
- Assists in business development activities and solicitation of new business; actively involved in instilling and maintaining a positive sales environment through education of the Bank’s products and services; monitors staff in cross-selling and product presentation compared to goals; ensures the organization of the branch, coordinating available resources (e.g., staff, materials, etc.) for maximum results.
- Assures audit compliance and procedure quality control through the branch operational review and recommends and initiates corrective actions; conducts unannounced audits of all branch cash funds and cash limits; ensures the branch is in compliance with established Bank policies, procedures and state and federal regulations.
- Responds to inquiries or refers inquiries to the appropriate department or person; exhibits the necessary follow through with customers and/or staff involved.
- Consistently applies good decision making techniques pertaining to inquiries, approvals, requests as they apply to existing policies and procedures, keeping within assigned approval limits and using these instances as learning tools for employee development.
- Performs all technical operational areas such as; NSF and overdraft processing; holds and stop payments; currency transaction reports; acceptance and research procedures for a variety of legal processes; ATM duties; documentation and procedures required for accounts involving the death of account holder(s); incoming and outgoing collections; incoming and outgoing wires; FICA payments; certifications; balances general ledger account(s) and processes and approves related entries.
- Assists other branch offices in resolving operational inquiries and providing staff support; participates in various internal committees assigned by senior management.
- Implements prescribed security controls to protect the facility against criminal and fraudulent operations and unnecessary risk or exposure.
- Identifies and monitors high risk and money services businesses.
- Ensures accurate completion of related operational reports initiated by the Bank’s data processor along with internal reports.
- Ensures the maintenance of branch property by identifying and coordinating repairs and upgrades.
- Ensures implementation and compliance to meet security precautions and protect customer deposits, bank assets and staff.
- May perform all related teller, vault teller, new account, utility specialist, and safe deposit duties as needed.
- Balances teller differences as it relates to general ledger accounts; maintains accurate teller balancing records.
- Processes, solves and answers complex customer transactions, problems or inquiries.
- Opens and closes the vault daily; prepares and processes incoming and outgoing shipments; assists in balancing vault currency and coin.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; and five (5) or more years of related experience and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and training.
- Work related experience should consist of a broad background in branch operations, management and supervisory skills.
- Educational experience, through in house training sessions, formal school or financial industry related curriculum, should be applicable to the financial industry.
- Advanced experience, knowledge and training in progressively responsible branch operations to include, new accounts, legal processes, basic interest calculations, etc.
- Demonstrated management, team building and supervisory leadership.
- Advanced knowledge of related state and federal banking compliance regulations, Bank operational policies and procedures, and the Bank’s products and services.
- Exceptional organization skills with the ability to provide leadership, supervision and training for five (5) or more full time employees using positive supervisory techniques to ensure maximum productivity; demonstrated ability in organization and delegation skills.
- Proven ability to cross-sell and explain all of the Bank’s products and services with confidence and authority.
- Intermediate skills in word processing, spreadsheet and account opening software programs (e.g., Microsoft Word and Excel, CFI DepositPro, etc.).
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.