The Branch Operations Manager supports the Branch Sales Manager by overseeing the efficient operation of the branch to ensure all operational functions are completely and properly performed by the staff. The Branch Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing the bankers, ATM balancing, account opening and customer service duties. The Branch Operations Manager must be proficient with all personal and business banking products and services. Although not primarily responsible for account opening, the Branch Operations Manager will be available to assist bankers during peak periods. Branch Operations Manager is responsible for coaching bankers to meet sales goals.
Performs any functions necessary, within scope of authority and expertise, to provide the highest level of service and responsiveness to customers.
- Fully participates in the Bank’s “All In” incentive program. Consistently meets branch team goals.
- Responsible for coaching bankers on service standards, identifying customer needs and providing needs based solutions. Coaches team to deliver the highest level of customer experience and goal attainment.
- Conducts daily outbound calls to customers to look for opportunities to enhance customer relationships.
- Opens and closes the branch, following security procedures. Responsible for effective branch operations.
- Acts as a mentor and trainer for newly hired bankers includes completing monthly certifications for new bankers to determine proficiency and knowledge in role. Provides written action plans to develop bankers into fully proficient banker role.
- Facilitates meetings to disseminate operational information. Keeps staff informed of pertinent changes in operational policy and procedures.
- Prepares universal banker performance appraisals and performance improvement as required.
- Schedules bankers to insure adequate branch coverage at all times.
- Maintains adequate supplies at the Branch.
- Balances and troubleshoots ATM/debit card concerns.
- Maintains proper teller and vault cash levels, including ordering coin and currency.
- Reports facility/building concerns to maintenance.
- Responsible for making sound decisions with overriding and approving complex transactions.
- Meets with staff regarding branch security and safety issues. Maintains and tests alarms and other security devices.
ADDITIONAL ACCOUNTABILITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates in branch and bank community service activities
- Performs related and unrelated duties as may be needed.
BA/BS degree preferred or equivalent retail operations. At least 3 years of customer service and sales experience. Supervisory experience preferred. Must have excellent communication, problem solving, analytical, organizational, customer service and sales skills. Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Individual must be proficient with technology and Microsoft Office, specifically word and excel.
Indirect Supervisory: up to 6
Direct Supervisory: up to 6
Performs work within established guidelines and according to specific procedures. Refers problems to immediate supervisor.
BANKNEWPORT CORE VALUES:
- We celebrate individuality
- We empower employees to be creative problem solvers
- We invest and take the time to really get to know our customers
- We commit to serving the financial needs of Rhode Islander’s