GREAT OPPORTUNITY - Seeking candidates with strong leadership and logistics background
Job Description & Requirements
The Route Sales Supervisor is responsible for the management of route sales drivers including training, objective setting and continuous improvement in route sales performance.
* Sets work schedules, ensuring coverage of each route.
* Maintains focus and responds constructively to daily routing situations. Acts decisively at the right time.
* Deals effectively with routing and customer situations.
* Trains route drivers to sell in products, includes new, seasonal, or line extensions.
* Trains route drivers to manage inventory, and merchandise product. Trains in pre-sell where applicable.
* Sets objectives and tracks results for each route sales driver.
* Utilizes data from XATA and other sources to assist senior managers with KPI’s.
* Ensures driver safety training conducted and coach safe driving practices.
* Optimizes distribution productivity.
* Ensures compliance with any DOT regulations; keeps informed of regulatory and logistical issues.
* Coaches and develops each driver by demonstrating skills and route riding on a regular basis.
* Encourages others to work as a team. Provides input and guidance to team.
* Helps sustain a culture that encourages commitment to quality service and high performance.
* Solves problems with desire to produce exceptional results.
* Coordinates and dispatches special deliveries.
* Coordinates route settlement and inventory validation on the route sales driver side.
* Manages customer complaints.
* Applies knowledge of basic Distribution techniques and concepts. Uses good judgment to handle issues and problems.
* Collaborates with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
* Provides for the supervision of assigned employees in scheduling and daily activities, ensuring effective selection, retention, feedback, disciplinary action and performance management. If a collective bargaining agreement exists, may participate grievances or other contract related activities and discussions.
* Committed to product quality and contributes to the best management practices in maintaining or reaching quality goals.
* Models, leads, and trains staff to ensure continuous improvement in all areas relevant to position.
* Leads by example with the Dean Foods Code of Ethics. This includes following company policies, standards and specifications.
* Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating, and delegating.
* Performs other duties as assigned.Minimum Requirements:* High school graduate or equivalent required* Bachelor’s degree preferred in business, or related field* 2 years experience * Previous supervisory experience a plus * Familiar with Good Manufacturing Practices. * Ability to follow all Sanitation and Quality Policies and Procedures, and report and follow through on any deficiencies. * Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. * Excellent verbal/written communication skills. * Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs; ability to lead others through change. * Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. * Skill in organization, prioritization, and attention to detail. * Strong team player and leader with the ability to work across multiple functions and disciplines. * Ability to select, coach, develop, engage, and retain a team of employees. * Must possess and maintain a Class A and/or Class B CDL * DOT qualified * Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks).
Dean Foods considers marijuana (including medical marijuana) to be an illegal drug. Dean Foods will rescind offers of employment to applicants who test positive for marijuana (unless restricted from doing so by state or local law). Dean Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.