ACCOUNTABILITY STATEMENT The Branch Vice President’s responsibilities are to coach, develop and lead all branch employees to obtain individual, branch and organizational growth goals while delivering an exceptional member service experience. In addition, the Branch Vice President is responsible for managing and growing a loan and deposit portfolio in alignment with and in support of the strategic and operating plans for the credit union. Services offered include a comprehensive offering of consumer and business deposit accounts, lending services including consumer and origination of mortgage loans and the identification of high quality member referrals in need of real estate sales and purchasing brokerage, small business lending products, investment and retirement planning and services and/or a full offering of consumer insurance products. This key position should be able to delineate Company’s value proposition versus other competitors to employees and members. An excellent working knowledge of all facets involving alternative delivery channel offerings from web, phone, PC, plastic card, as well as other e-commerce functionality and social media business impacts. Develops and implements tactical plans and establishes objectives for the branch that are aligned with Company’s goals and objectives documented in the annual business plan. Performs the job with autonomy in directing the day-to-day activities and operations of the branch while ensuring operations are performed in an efficient and cost effective manner. Evaluates trends and monitors member behavior to identify opportunities and solutions for both the member and the credit union. Maintains a high level of participation within Company’s Leadership Team and promotes reinforcement and support of decisions rendered by the credit union and/or management. Adheres to the Standards of Excellence and behaviors of Company Excellence. Successfully establishes strong member relationships and teaches relationship building techniques to all branch staff. Responsible for managing the branch’s financial and relationship building success.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Primary responsibilities are to ensure the day-to-day branch operations and branch associates are providing consistent, high level quality service to our members while achieving the organization’s overall strategic goals and profitability requirements are being met or exceeded.
• Embrace Company’s Standards of Excellence and mentor employees to the Standards of Excellence and behaviors of Company Excellence to successfully establish strong member relationships and the relationship building process.
• Development of the staff is critical to accomplish internal succession planning for all future non- management and management positions within the branch network.
• Develops an individual strategic branch plan to communicate and implement direction of the branch consistent with Company’s annual business plan and strategic vision.
• Works closely with Human Resources and Training to ensure the interviewing, hiring and training curriculum are appropriate and timely to provide a great member experience for new hires and existing employees.
• Ensures the success of other key departments within Company Credit Union that are dependent upon referrals, including Investment Services, Business Services, Company Real Estate Services and Company Insurance Services. This activity is an output of Company Excellence demonstrated behaviors and allows Company to better meet the expanded financial service needs of our members.
• Establishes performance objectives and expectations for the branch that are consistent with Company Excellence and branch scorecards. Must periodically validate scorecards to ensure they are applicable to all business units within the credit union.
• Conducts regular key management meetings to analyze changes or modifications in staffing schedules and needs.
• Financial Counselor and Money Makeover Coach providing counseling to members and employees on all financial matters and make recommendations as deemed appropriate.
• Responsible for the preparation and administering of performance appraisals for all levels of Branch Management and indirect reports. Assists with or reviews performance appraisals prepared by the Branch Supervisors.
• Audits all areas of branch operations through the Branch Self-Monitoring Program (SMP) to ensure compliance with regulations, credit union policies and procedures.
• Responsible for the selection of branch staff and controlling compensation. Makes staffing recommendations to RVP based upon branch needs.
• Conducts outside business calls and conducts presentations in and outside of the branch to enhance the growth and profitability of all business units and the credit union. Builds local markets, as needed.
• Supports and participates on Branch Leadership Team initiatives, meetings and special projects to recommend changes in improvement of operating processes and procedures to improve processes and control costs.
• Branch Vice Presidents and their staff may support a high school branch with a staff of up to 12 student managers. This includes mentoring the student managers, ensuring their training and development, ensuring sound branch operations and compliance with rules, regulations, policies and procedures. Also, responsible for developing and fostering good relations with staff at the school and providing financial literacy education to students in the school.
• Takes independent action in reviewing and applying policy and procedure in the daily operation of the position and to exercise good judgment in determining action.
• Adheres to solid risk management guidelines in a highly regulated environment.
• Assumes key leadership positions, as needed, with civic, not-for-profit, charitable and service organizations with the local market to support the Company brand.
• Completes no less than 20 hours of leadership and/or personal development training per year, including completion of a Personal Finance class.
• Must meet and maintain all the requirements as a registered mortgage loan originator employed by a federally regulated Institution with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS). The employee must comply with all provisions of the Act as defined in the Secure and Fair Enforcement of Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (S.A.F.E. Act) and credit union S.A.F.E. Act Procedures.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Incumbent is expected to demonstrate each of the following Company Excellence behaviors in performing the duties and responsibilities of their job:
• Focus Focus your full attention by carefully listening to and observing client or member.
• Connect Consistently be friendly and approachable. Demonstrate your care.
• Understand Listen empathetically and ask questions (70%/30% rule).
• Counsel Recommend solutions based on your member’s needs and objectives.
• Advance Ensure that member’s expectations were exceeded.
Verify necessary follow-up actions.
• Branches are divided into three tiers based on the number of households assigned to the branch, the branch’s portfolio of loans and deposits and the number of employees assigned to the branch. Tier I branches handle up to 20,000 direct member contacts per month. Typically, a Branch Vice President will manage a Tier I branch for their first assignment and build their business so that the branch becomes a Tier II or Tier III branch, or they may be promoted to a Tier II or Tier III branch depending on their experience and success in their current Branch Vice President position. Branches will be evaluated annually to determine which tier they fit into. A branch must perform at a higher tier level for two full calendar years before it will be moved to the next tier.
• The criteria for a Tier I branch is as follows:
- ØTier I- Less than 7,500 households
Less than $100 million in loans and deposits
Less than 12 direct reports
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Possess a congenial attitude, good written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking skills, problem solving skills and the ability to relate well with others.
• Focus on delivering a quality member experience.
• Able to work in and foster a team environment.
• Must possess good communication skills to effectively deal with members and employees.
• Ability to establish realistic and specific goals for self and others and keep the branch on track toward goal achievement- instilling in others a sense of urgency and motivate others to accomplish expected business and member service results.
• Ability to hold self and others accountable for achievement of key results and to persevere through challenges, set-backs and/or difficulties.
• Must be able to handle escalated member issues or inquires in a satisfactory manner and possess good writing skills to respond to escalated member complaint letters and/or emails.
• Possess good teaching and mentoring skills and a commitment to quality service.
• Able to work in a fast paced, changing environment and have a strong desire to assist members in meeting their financial needs.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel are required.
• Work assignments and objectives are heavy and require constant attention to detail and time deadlines. Incumbent must be able to multi-task and prioritize work assignments effectively. Must be flexible in scheduling own work time to accommodate responsibilities which may require scheduling before or after operating hours.
• An Associate’s Degree is required.
• Comparable experience in a financial institution may be substituted for college degree at the rate of two years’ experience for one year college education.
• A minimum of four years in a leadership or management position is required.
• A minimum of four years’ experience with a financial institution in a position of direct member/customer service contact, financial interviewing, credit investigation and credit decision making is required.