who we are
maine 2011: downeast began in the basement of a dorm room, with a killer recipe and boundless naiveté. nine years later, our ciders retain the unfiltered freshness, authentic craft process, and balanced flavor profiles that appeal to both novice and discerning cider drinkers. now based out of boston, we're no longer beginners, but we’re still just as hungry. we're in need of the right people to join our team.
what we stand for
- we have beyond excellent customer service
- we’re all about the hustle
- we’re relatable and accessible - nobody and nothing is off-limits
- we want to be different and undeniably better - we do things the right way, not just how they’ve always been done
who we’re looking for
- have a flexible schedule - the majority of our events are on nights and weekends
- be able to - and thrilled to - go above and beyond, exceed expectations
- be all about the hustle - prompt and always ready for a project
- be able to make friends with anyone in 60 seconds, and turn any bar into a party
- be down-to-earth, approachable, and seek out meaningful conversations
- have previous customer service experience (preferred)
- you must be 21+
- you need a car
- be able to lift 50 lbs
- you must be talented and awesome
- you must live in the ft wayne area
- this role is capped at 10 hours per month
- execute high quality events and demos at bars, stores, festivals, etc.
- sample cider, answer questions about the product and company, engage with customers
- make everyone’s sampling experience one they won’t forget - we really mean it
- manage gear and cider for demos and brand events
- hours vary - weekend and weeknight heavy
- chance to work with an awesome, vibrant group of people that love what they do
- mileage reimbursement
- cider stipend (LOTS of cider...how big is your fridge?)
- $15 per hour + $0.575 per mile
- we want your resume and a kickass, characterful cover letter telling us: your story, why you love downeast, and what you will bring to our team. scrap the overly-formal language and tell it to us straight - why you?
we like to hire the way we like our cider; unfiltered. with the understanding that we can learn and grow from each other’s differences, we are proud to hire regardless of gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, or anything else that makes us who we are.