More than 7 billion people depend on farms for healthy and affordable food. By 2050, the global population will reach 9.4 billion and farmers will need new ways to deliver on this demand. They’ll be seeking options that are economically viable and that will help them remain environmentally sustainable. Granular's software meets this need, making farmers more efficient.
We’re looking for a contract Brand Designer to be a key member of our small, in-house design team that helps educate and support farmers to better manage their farming operations and business across mobile, tablet and web experiences. You’ll be supporting the branding needs of our core software products: AcreValue, Granular Business, and Granular Agronomy. Along the way, you will have the chance to learn about agricultural processes and create innovative marketing materials for a unique customer base. You will work closely with Product Design, Marketing, Customer Success and Sales. This role is integral to Granular's success and is a unique opportunity to join a mission focused, fast-paced, smart and fun team.
What You’ll Get To Do:
- Create beautiful, functional and memorable design work that helps to advance our portfolio of brands
- Design high-converting landing pages, digital advertisements, emails, banners, infographics, and print collateral for marketing campaigns
- Develop impactful presentations that communicate a compelling story
- Help evolve and extend our brand identity by creating elements and iconography for use across marketing, sales, and product efforts
- Collaborate with the marketing team to build reusable templates, components and systems that ensure visual and creative consistency
- Create, maintain, and export production-quality graphic assets
- Communicate with stakeholders regularly regarding the status of creative output, particularly as it affects project schedules and dependencies, budgets, and company business priorities
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2 years of professional graphic design experience
- A strong visual aesthetic and proven expertise in composition and layout, typography, color theory, photography and illustration
- Experience designing a range of marketing content, demonstrating how to convey a consistent visual language across multiple touch points
- Experience working on direct response marketing materials, with knowledge of best practices for designing landing pages, advertisements and other materials that drive conversion
- Analytical and creative with acute attention to detail
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, etc.
- Powerful with PowerPoint/Google Slides
- Independent and organized, positive, open-minded, and eager to grow
- Ability to work on multiple projects at one time, using strong communication skills to manage time and expectations appropriately
- A degree in Design, Marketing, Visual Studies, or other design-related field is preferred.
- Experience working with WordPress or another CMS is a plus
- Experience working with Sketch is a plus
- Experience working on lead-gen/growth marketing initiatives is a plus
- Ideal if you also have experience creating and editing videos using Adobe Premiere, Camtasia or similar software
Who We Are:
Granular combines the leadership and innovation of experienced entrepreneurs, advisors, and investors with the meaningful insights of farmers, agronomists, data scientists and engineers.
Our internal team has the focused, innovative business and technical acumen that defines Silicon Valley; this expertise has produced products includingGranular Business,Granular Agronomy,AcreValue, and AgStudio.
Founded in February 2014, and backed by leading VC’s like Andreessen Horowitz and Google Ventures, Granular is an independent subsidiary of Corteva, a spin off of DowDuPont™. We currently have offices in San Francisco, CA, Champaign, IL, Des Moines, IA and Cumming, GA. Learn more about our company and peoplehere!