More than 7 billion people depend on farms for healthy and affordable food. By 2050, the global population will reach 9.4 billion and farmers will need new ways to deliver on this demand. They’ll be seeking options that are economically viable and that will help them remain environmentally sustainable. Granular's software meets this need, making farmers more efficient.
We’re looking for a Senior Brand Designer to be a key member of our small, in-house design team to help evolve the Granular brand across multiple platforms. You’ll be supporting the branding needs of our core software products: AcreValue, Granular Insights, Granular Business, and Granular Agronomy. Along the way, you will have the chance to learn about agricultural processes and create innovative marketing materials for a unique customer base. You will work closely with Product Design, Marketing, Customer Success and Sales. This role is integral to Granular's success and is a unique opportunity to join a mission focused, fast-paced, smart and fun team.
What You'll Get To Do:
- Create beautiful, functional and memorable design work that helps advance our portfolio of brands
- Partner with Marketing to create compelling, engaging stories and experiences that drive business goals
- Build relationships internally and externally, and advocate for design thinking and process
- Help evolve Granular's cohesive visual style, voice, and tone, thinking about each project holistically and how it fits into our brand expression
- Communicate and present to stakeholders regularly regarding the status of creative output, particularly as it affects project schedules and dependencies, budgets, and company business priorities
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 5 years of professional graphic design experience
- Able to work independently, drive multiple projects at a time, and iterate quickly
- A strong visual aesthetic and proven expertise in composition and layout, typography, color theory, photography and illustration
- Experience designing a range of marketing content, demonstrating how to convey a consistent visual language across multiple touch points
- Experience working on direct response marketing materials, with knowledge of best practices for designing landing pages, advertisements and other materials that drive conversion
- Analytical and creative with acute attention to detail
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, etc.
- A degree in Design, Marketing, Visual Studies, or other design-related field is preferred
- Experience working with Sketch is a plus
- Experience working on lead-gen/growth marketing initiatives is a plus
- Ideal if you also have experience creating and editing videos using Adobe Premiere, Camtasia or similar software
Perks and Benefits:
- Upward mobility. We are growing quickly and need talent who can take on increasingly challenging and rewarding roles
- Generous Vacation
- 401k Matching Program
- Commuter Benefit Program and Stipend
- Employer sponsored Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Vision and Dental FSA and Dependent Care FSA
- Family, Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Paid Adoption Leave and Adoption Assistance
- Dependent care for business travel
- Learning and Development Programs
- Open floor plan, dog-friendly offices
Who We Are:
Granular combines the leadership and innovation of experienced entrepreneurs, advisors, and investors with the meaningful insights of farmers, agronomists, data scientists and engineers.
Our internal team has the focused, innovative business and technical acumen that defines Silicon Valley; this expertise has produced products includingGranular Business,Granular Agronomy,AcreValue, and AgStudio.
Founded in February 2014, and backed by leading VC’s like Andreessen Horowitz and Google Ventures, Granular is an independent subsidiary of Corteva, a spin off of DowDuPont™. We currently have offices in San Francisco, CA, Champaign, IL, Des Moines, IA, Cumming, GAand São Paulo, Brazil.Learn more about our company and peoplehere!