Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite, KVD Vegan Beauty, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen and Fenty Beauty.
The Brand Manager will be responsible in further establishing the North America business for Kendo. This role requires strong channel management, leadership, and communication skills to bring to life KVD Vegan Beauty in the market. The Brand Manager will oversee NA channel strategy, including sales and assortment analyses, and will make recommendations to drive the business further. This role will report to the Senior Brand Manager of North America.
Brand Strategy & Channel Management
- Identify short and long-term NA brand strategies to deliver growth in both core products and innovation, while working with a multitude of cross-functional partners to successfully execute
- Establish and maintain effective cross-functional relationships with both internal (global brand, inventory planning, marketing, education, creative, and operations) and external partners
- Maintain updates and share out of key business documents including product newness, discontinued items, promotional calendars, etc.
- Partner with Planning and Global brand teams in the development of product launch forecasts
- Assist in presentation preparation and on-going support for management meetings
- Prepare, support and lead meetings with effective agendas and clear outcomes
Merchandising & Assortment Planning
- Manage channel assortments to optimize sales and minimize inventory liability
- Monitor and improve channel and owned product inventory
- Lead visual merchandising to execute brand vision for the North America market. Ensure merchandising is optimized for sales performance and is on-budget
- Manage channel sampling programs and ensure budget is on-track
- Brief creative asset requirements for all product/channel needs, including in-store animation, dotcom assets, etc.
Reporting & Research
- Provide monthly executive sales recaps, key initiatives and ad-hoc reporting and analysis, as needed
- Research and be in-tuned with the beauty landscape to identify innovations and opportunities to drive the NA business
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5+ years of related business experience, color cosmetics experience preferred but not required
- Previous exposure to the North America market and/or Merchandising, Buying, or Account Management experience a strong plus
- Must demonstrate strong strategic, creative, interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Thrives in an environment that is fast-paced, rapidly changing, and customer service-oriented
- Detailed-oriented with strong time management skills; able to handle multiple priorities and work within a matrixed organization
- Highest levels of professionalism at all times; calm under pressure
- Team player
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills