We are searching for a Shopper Marketing Brand Manager to work in collaboration with our drug channel sales teams. This person should be passionate about retail, marketing, and digital initiatives.
In this role, you will lead strategic marketing planning and execution, drive brand strategy through our retail partners, and influence the shopper along the omni-channel path to purchase. You'll provide marketing and consumer expertise to the customer to ensure development of integrated business plans to efficiently achieve volume, share and profit objectives. Your capabilities will improve our strategic partnership with the customer by aligning brand imperatives with customer business models and departmental objectives, and will allow us to deliver meaningful actionable insights, and strong strategic omni-channel thought leadership.
Build the Brands
- Lead collaboration with Brand, Integrated Marketing Planning, Customer Team and Customer
- Develop insights-based programs against key brand objectives that drive shopper engagement along the omni-channel path to purchase
- Proactively leverage new technologies and capabilities to drive shopper engagement via digital, social and ecommerce
- Improve the brand experience in the customer environment based on shelf-back solutions that integrate the physical and digital shelf
- Provide input to help establish objectives for customer specific learning plan
- Support customer engagement, joint planning and long term business building sessions
- Lead new product and category marketing strategy for K-C platforms to generate profitable annual growth and support equity management
- Provide brand development leadership and expertise as expanded member of headquarter- based marketing function
- Own scale program planning and execution for the customer
Run a Business
- Lead annual shopper marketing plan, budget development and implementation to align brand strategies with customer business models and department strategies; deliver budget at target
- Drive successful financial performance for both brand and customer
- Strategically allocate funds to maximize investment while activating the levers to drive customer engagement; track and measure program performance
- Drive the big brand ideas and craft customized shopper marketing opportunities online and in-store
- Primary contact to the customer for all shopper marketing related activities such as: research, insights, in-store visuals and display, development and execution of shopper marketing plans
- Lead strategic partnership opportunities to develop joint marketing programs that drive mutual business goals
- Interact and collaborate with customer, customer team and multi-functional partners to develop a strong working relationship that influences desired business outcomes
- Lead all aspects of agency engagement at the customer level
- Gain understanding of the unique needs of the customer, K-C’s business objectives and brand priorities; balance the requirements of each one to develop breakthrough marketing strategies and programs
- Provide strategic thought leadership about digital commerce to the customer
- Ability to remain agile and flow to the work, adapt and support the organization through times of change
- Ability to clearly, concisely and persuasively communicate orally and in writing to individuals and groups at all levels within the organization and customer
- Ability to collaborate effectively and represent ideas to diverse work groups
- Ability to precisely communicate creative business solutions to internal/external partners
- Ability to represent new technologies and develop programs that encompass digital, social and ecommerce
- Ability to sell marketing programs to key internal/external stakeholders to gain adoption
- Ability to effectively negotiate desired outcome for the business
- Ability to manage expenses in accordance with company policy, guidelines and budget
- Ability to proficiently and expertly use and perform key functions of all Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to travel via aircrafts, and operate and drive motor vehicles for business travel, with valid drive license. Position requires overnight business travel for meetings, training and events (10 - 20%)
Department specific/non-essential functions, include but not limited to:
- Promptly reconcile and communicate changes and conduct adjustment to new changes, adjusting to meet requirements of changing conditions/situations. Maintain effectiveness of varying environments with different tasks, responsibilities and people.
- Render judgments and make timely decisions in alignment with business objectives. Set priorities and proactively identify issues, underlying problems and potential solutions to develop plan of action. Evaluate cause and effect relationships.
- Keep team leader informed on status of plans and programs, changing conditions, requirements of marketplace, competitive activity, issues and accomplishments that may affect sales results.
Education required: Minimum of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in marketing
Experience: At least four years of experience in consumer promotion, field sales and marketing. Experience should include consumer packaged goods (CPG) industry.
Preferred Experience/Qualifications: Master’s degree or MBA is preferred. Experience working with large retail accounts is preferred. The chosen candidate will ideally have experience working in an omni-channel customer environment.
Skills/Competencies: Results, strategy and vision orientation, leadership, strong oral and written communication, financial and budget management, ethical judgment and decision-making, change management, analytical, project and risk management, persuasive sales, negotiation and relationship building. Understanding of digital metrics and ability to analyze and manipulate data from multiple sources.
Other Skills: Prioritization and time management, resource management, active listening, adaptability, mentoring, interpersonal, and social perspectives.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people - nearly a quarter of the world's population - trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship.
This position may require a post-offer/pre-hire Physical Abilities Test (PAT) to confirm that individuals are able to perform the essential functions of the job.
This position is subject to drug and alcohol testing, including pre-employment testing.