What We're Looking For:
The Brand Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and executing marketing strategy for multiple partner programs, with a focus on driving long-term enrollment and building upon a program’s brand. The Brand Marketing Manager is the key program marketing stakeholder and is the main external marketing point of contact. Reporting to the Director of Brand Marketing, this role maintains responsibility over a wide variety of digital marketing tactics for assigned programs aimed at driving awareness, interest and enrollment.
Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To:
- Program marketing oversight- Develop and oversee the execution of a data-influenced marketing strategy for multiple partner programs. Establishing these long-term strategic plans, including an annual marketing plan delivered to the partner, requires deep partnership and excellent communication with key external marketing stakeholders. Must partner closely with a program’s General Manager to ensure proper execution of all partner-related activities.
- Internal program marketing leadership - With specific marketing accountability for assigned programs, the Manager must ensure exceptional strategic communication with all internal stakeholders, specifically including those in marketing and admissions. This includes program responsibility for overall brand position, audience development, messaging, differentiation, and a clear understanding of competitive programs. The Manager is directly responsible for internal communication channels (i.e., program intranet) and representing the Brand team in structured cross-functional meetings with the program leadership team. Engage in strategic planning with key internal stakeholders, ensuring benchmarks and goals are being met; proactively reporting results and opportunities to Brand Marketing Directors and VPs.
- Marketing conversion activities- Oversee all funnel conversion activities for prospective students and applicants, including all paid and organic channels. Work closely with cross-functional counterparts to uncover opportunities, and introduce new initiatives to improve conversion. Create strategic plans and stellar creative briefs for a wide variety of digital marketing tactics. Give direction to Senior Coordinators and Coordinators for all conversion-related activities. Ensure a focus on both data-driven and brand-building activities at all points throughout the marketing funnel.
- Oversee holistic prospect & applicant journey -The Manager is responsible for ensuring that all marketing and contact activities are coordinated in such a way that all prospective students have a clear understanding of all program features and benefits. This requires a clear strategic vision for all potential touchpoints, as well as strong communication to internal and external stakeholders.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- 3-8 years as a Marketing Manager, Marketing Coordinator, Communications Specialist, Account Manager or similar job function, preferably within a college/university, agency or corporate setting
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA or similar a plus
- Demonstrated experience in partner, client or account management
- Experience in higher education marketing and/or communications, preferably at the undergraduate level
- Experience in driving marketing strategy aimed at engaging multiple audiences such as high school students, online and adult learners, parents, graduate students, etc.
- Experience across a variety of digital marketing tactics
- Strong background in project management
- Solid verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to influence cross-functional teams
- Must be highly organized and have great attention to detail
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Experience with email automation systems, Salesforce, Google Analytics and Tableau is a plus
- Ability to maintain a fun, casual, professional and productive team atmosphere
- Ability to work with diverse teams in a fast-paced environment
- Enthusiasm and the ability to adapt and thrive in an atmosphere of constant change
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
At 2U, we power world-class online education and in-person boot camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help universities fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our university partners are there to help them succeed.Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. 2U, Inc. has acquired and integrated two companies broadening our portfolio of education offerings into short courses with GetSmarter and boot camps with Trilogy. This role supports our 2U line of business.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break from Christmas through New Years!
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.