EMBASSY SUITES by HILTON Colorado Springs is currently seeking an outgoing individual to join our team as a breakfast cook who will interact directly with our guests.
It’s an exciting time to join our team, as we have recently completed a multimillion dollar renovation so as to provide only the finest of accommodations with guest service second-to-none. As a part of our mission, we are people-centric and performance-minded. As nationally branded, EMBASSY SUITES by HILTON Colorado Springs and Spire Hospitality pride ourselves on supporting, encouraging and coaching our fellow team members to provide outstanding guest care and satisfaction—and we would like to become part of our team. With Spire Hospitality, your success is our primary mission.
1. Takes order from customer and cooks foods requiring short preparation time, according to customer requirements.
2. Completes order from steam table and serves customer at table or counter.
3. May clean food preparation equipment and work area.
4. May clean counter or tables.
5. All other duties as assigned by a manager or supervisor.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Good working knowledge of the fundamentals of cooking.
- Good working knowledge of accepted standards of sanitation.
- Knowledge of operating all kitchen equipment, i.e. stoves, ovens, broilers, slicers, fryers, steamers, kettles, etc.
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to understand recipes, measurements, requisition amounts and portion sizes.
- Ability to read and write the English language in order to complete requisitions, read recipes and communicate with other employees.
- Sufficient manual dexterity of hands in order to use all kitchen equipment, i.e. knives, spoons, spatulas, tongs, slicers, etc.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move or push goods on a hand cart/truck weighing a maximum of 200 lbs.
- Ability to stand and work continuously in confined spaces.
- Ability to perform duties within extreme temperature ranges.
Any combination of education training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Culinary or Apprenticeship program preferred.
Cooking experience required.
Licenses or certificates:
Ability to obtain any government required licenses or certificates.