For more than 40 years, East West Bank has served as a pathway to success. With over 130 locations across the U.S. and Greater China, we are the premier financial bridge between the East and West. Our teams of experienced, multi - cultural professionals help guide businesses and community members on both sides of the Pacific looking to explore new markets and create new opportunities, and our sustained growth and expertise in industries like real estate, entertainment and media, private equity and venture capital, high-tech and aviation help build sustainable businesses and expand our employees' potential for career advancement.
Headquartered in California, East West Bank (Nasdaq: EWBC) is a top performing commercial bank with an exclusive focus on the U.S. and Greater China markets. With assets of $41 billion, we've ranked among the 30 largest banks in the United States. And since 2010, we have been recognized by Forbes as one of the top 15 best banks in America. With a strong foundation, and enterprising spirit and a commitment to absolute integrity, East West Bank gives people the confidence to reach further.
The Bridge Banking / Commercial Banking Management Trainee Program aims to recruit top talent, develop and prepare them for a rewarding and successful career at East West Bank. Trainees will take part in multiple rotation assignments across various business groups including but not limited to Commercial Banking, Specialized Financing such as Entertainment, and Cross Border Bridge Banking teams. Through a combination of rotational assignments, on-the-job and classroom training, formalized feedback and mentoring, trainees will gain direct hands-on experience in underwriting, pricing, credit structuring, and portfolio management, while contributing to East West Bank’s strategic initiatives.
The program starts in August 2019. Upon successful completion of the year-long program, trainees will be placed into a role that is aligned to their skills and competencies as well as business needs. Placement opportunities are available nationwide, including Greater China.
- Participate in cross-functional rotation assignments across various sectors in commercial banking; develop an understanding of the full suite of East West Bank products and service offers; gain hands-on experience through deal assignments and customer calls
- Participate in on-going internal development programs, external training and self-study courses to improve technical and analytical skills to be used on the job and to enhance professional competencies
- Perform tasks appropriate to designated business unit to gain exposure to various job functions. These learnings include analyzing and spreading financial statements, understanding and managing loan/deposit portfolio, cross selling products and services to new and existing clients
- Utilize knowledge and learned skills to identify opportunities to improve processes, tackle complex projects, provide innovative business solutions and recommendations.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Graduate with the applicable concentration in International Business, Economics, Accounting, Finance, or Communications with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Relevant internship experience preferred
- Motivated to learn about commercial banking in both the U.S. and Greater China markets
- Strong communication, relationship building and organizational skills
- Well-developed analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Basic knowledge of accounting, financial statements and general business / economics analysis gained through college coursework
- Adaptable to change; collaborative