WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International is a global leader in Engineering, Architecture and Consulting professionals dedicated to developing and implementing innovative solutions to the world's infrastructure and environmental challenges. Supported by more than 3,000 employees in 90 offices worldwide, we provide a full continuum of life-cycle engineering consulting, specialized global construction, base operations, Green Infrastructure, security management and intelligence solutions.
A global leader in engineering, planning and consulting, has partnered with communities since 1940 to solve their most complex infrastructure challenges with a legacy of expertise, experience, innovation and integrity. The firm has addressed bridge design, construction and preservation challenges with innovative and sustainable solutions. Exemplifying its depth and versatility in the bridge space, the firm, ranked Number Five by Engineering News-Record in its annual ranking of Bridge Design Firms in the United States, has partnered with clients on a full spectrum of bridge types - from conventional grade separations to major, complex river crossings, including trusses, arches, box girders and cable-stayed bridges.
Michael Baker is actively seeking a Bridge Engineer/Technical Manager to join our Tampa, FL office. The selected candidate will perform technical oversight, staff development, contract management, technical and cost proposal development, project performance and client management for targeted local and statewide clients. This position will work on complex bridge projects and develop innovative practical solutions to various structural design challenges. In this role you will lead, manage, and perform design and analysis as well as other structural engineering tasks for bridge systems and components.
- Perform complex structural analysis and prepare design calculations
- Manage bridge/structural tasks as part of project development, including plan and report production
- Develop or assist in developing structural details and construction plans using a variety of industry standard software packages.
- Assist and check design calculations performed by others
- Prepare geometric/bridge layouts, construction specifications, and material quantity calculations.
- Develop, establish and maintain relationships with our employees, clients, and other industry related organizations and stakeholders.
- Supervise and train other structural engineering staff with less experience.
- Successfully interface with staff from a range of other disciplines (traffic, civil, planning, geotechnical, etc.) to support a diverse range of projects
- Take part in the development of technical and cost proposals
- Feel a sense of pride in knowing that you are helping to address some of our nation's most critical infrastructure challenges while building the future of our organization!
- 12 years of experience in structural engineering-
- Professional Engineer (PE) licensed in the State of Florida or ability to obtain in six (6) months
- Bachelor's in Structural Engineering; Master's degree is highly preferred
- You will need excellent client management skills; demonstrated ability leading and managing the design and detailing of complex transportation structures
- Experience in the development of technical and cost proposals
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong all-around theoretical knowledge of structural engineering principles
- Strong people skills and an ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Experience with AASHTO LRFD, AISC, ACI, CAN/CSA S-6, and other North American design codes
- Experience with the design of multiple bridge types in concrete and steel, and knowledge of staged construction analysis
- Solid background and understanding of Structural engineering software packages like: MDX, Con-Span, RC-Pier, MIDAS, CSI Bridge, FB Pier
- Preferred experience with engineering design software, i.e. programs such as LUSAS, SOFiSTiK, MIDAS, MicroStation, etc.
- Ability to travel as business requires, up to 25%
- Experience with Design-Build delivery preferred
- Familiarity with AASHTO LRFD Bridge design specifications; preferred
- Experience with FDOT or FDOT bridge plan layout preferred
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.